Roasted Cauliflower is a healthy and easy to make side dish in one pan. Full of flavor, super versatile and absolutely delicious! Customize it with your favorite seasonings.
Roasting transforms bland boiled cauliflower into a buttery, nutty dish with perfect caramelized edges. You will never eat cauliflower other way!
It is a perfect recipe for those who doesn’t like boiled or steamed cauliflower. Roasting will make cauliflower buttery and nutty without any nuts and butter. And you need just a few ingredients to make this amazing vegan dish. Even a picky eater will become a cauliflower addict after trying it!
Customize the recipe to your liking and use whatever seasoning you like.
How to cut cauliflower into florets
Roasted cauliflower is SUPER EASY to make. Cut a whole head of cauliflower into the same size florets.
- Simply place the cauliflower on the cutting board. Remove any leaves from the base, using a sharp knife.
- Cut the cauliflower in half from the top through the stem to the bottom.
- Halve each piece.
- Remove the core. Discard any excess stems. Chop larger florets to have the same size pieces for even roasting.
You will end up with 4-5 cups of cauliflower florets.
Roasted Cauliflower Ingredients
When your cauliflower is ready for roasting, combine the remaining ingredients. You will need:
- Olive oil: You can use any roasting oil.
- Garlic: I recommend to use fresh garlic as it works the best.
- Paprika: It is an optional ingredient, but adds a nice flavor and color.
- Lemon juice and zest: They provide an amazing flavor.
- Black pepper: Spice it up with red chili flakes or curry powder instead.
How to roast cauliflower
- Prepare a baking tray. Grease it with cooking spray or line with parchment paper/ foil. Make sure that your parchment paper can tolerate 425° F (220°C) otherwise it will burn. Check the package instructions.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a zip-log bag or use a mixing bowl. Combine paprika, oil, garlic, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the florets. Close the bag and shake to evenly coat. Spread the cauliflower florets on the prepared baking tray.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and edges are crispy. Remove from the oven and check if it needs more seasoning.
- Serve with homemade hummus or as a side dish.
How to store roasted cauliflower
Allow to cool completely and put in an airtight container. Store up to 4 days. When ready to serve, reheat either in microwave or on the stove. Simply add 1 tablespoon of oil, add cauliflower and cook until warm.
Is roasted Cauliflower healthy?
Of course!! It is one of the healthiest ways to eat cauliflower. It is high in fibre and contains many nutrients that our body needs. Cauliflower may also help with weight loss and it is a great low carb alternative to roasted potatoes.
Love cauliflower? Try these!!!
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta– a perfect vegetarian pasta dish
Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower– a great alternative to mashed potatoes
Cauliflower Fried Rice– low carb and keto friendly
If you like this roasted cauliflower recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!