This ultimate, mouthwatering Red Pepper Hummus platter is perfect for your holiday celebrations. A must try if you are aiming to make creamiest hummus ever. And it is way better than store bought! It is made of cooked chickpeas along with other healthy ingredients like olive oil, tahini, roasted garlic and salt. Vegan and gluten free.
Love hummus? You might like my classic Middle Eastern hummus recipe. It is seriously delicious!
More Hummus Recipes:
If you make Red Pepper Hummus be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
RED PEPPER HUMMUS ( VEGAN+GLUTEN FREE)
This ultimate, mouthwatering Red Pepper Hummus Platter is perfect for your Holiday Celebrations. A healthy and easy to make side dish!
- Garbanzo beans ( chick peas, drained)- 1 can/ 400 gm
- Red peppers ( roasted) -2
- Garlic cloves ( roasted) -6
- Fresh lemon juice - 3 tbsp.
- Tahini paste- 2 tbsp.
- White pepper- 1/ 4 tsp.
- FOR GARNISHING
- Black sesame seeds- as needed
- Red chilli paste- 1 tbsp. or as needed
- Olive oil- as needed
- Preheat your oven to 220 C / 430 F with the rack in the middle.
- Wash the red peppers and then cut them in half lengthwise, scoop out all the seeds and membranes and put them cut side down on a baking tray that has been lined with foil. Place 1 garlic head on the same tray.
- Roast the peppers and garlic head for 20 minutes, then allow them to cool for about 20-30 minutes.
- When they are cool enough, peel off the skins and discard them.
- Place all the ingredients ( garbanzo beans, roasted red peppers, roasted garlic cloves, lemon juice, tahini paste, white pepper , salt ( only if needed)) in a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Scrape the hummus off the sides of food processor in between pulses.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Serve with pita bread, corn chips or fresh vegetables. Before serving, drizzle with olive oil, garnish with red chilli paste and black sesame seeds.
* If the hummus is too thick, add more water, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Category: Sauces and Dips
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUS
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Leave a Reply