Learn how to make this delicious , low-carb, gluten free Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice. It is an extremely flavorful side dish that is ready in 15 minutes! A great alternative to rice.
If you don't like shrimp, try Cauliflower Fried Rice with Veggies.
Shrimp Cauliflower Rice
Just like Shrimp fried rice you used to buy in Asian restaurants! Instead of rice this low carb & and gluten free recipe uses cauliflower. It is much healthier than rice. Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice has the same texture and yummy flavor. Super simple to make and sure to impress your friends and family.
Cauliflower health benefits
Cauliflower is such a versatile ingredient and has many positive health benefits:
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- Enhances your heart health
- Helps your digestive system
- It is a perfect alternative to grains
How to prepare the cauliflower?
Wash the cauliflower a few times, remove the heavy stem from the bottom of the cauliflower head and cut off all the outer green leaves. it will fall apart into large florets.
What is the best way to make cauliflower rice?
You can either use a cheese grater or a food processor with the grater attachment. A food processor will definitely give the best results, it will turn the cauliflower into little pieces the size of rice.
It usually takes 30-40 seconds to pulse the cauliflower florets until they resemble short grain rice. I recommend to blend the florets in batches not to overload the blender.
If you don’t own a food processor, you can use a cheese grater. The cauliflower rice will be a chunkier texture, as you may find bigger pieces.
I advice to season with salt after cooking to avoid soggy and waterlogged rice.
Love cauliflower? Try these!
Instant Pot Mashed CauliflowerPrint
CAULIFLOWER SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Large head cauliflower (stalk and leaves removed, chopped into florets)- 1
- Shrimp ( deveined and peeled, tails intact)- ½ pound or 500 gm
- Unsalted butter- 1 tbsp.
- Garlic cloves ( chopped)- 4-5
- Fresh lemon juice- 2 tbsp.
- Grated Parmesan cheese- 4 tbsp.
- Thai red chili ( sliced)- 1 tsp.
- Fresh dill leaves- 1 tbsp.
- FOR SERVING
- Lemon wedges- as needed
- Using a food processor with the grater attachment, grate the cauliflower until it is the same consistency of rice.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a kitchen towel and press to remove extra liquid, which can make your cauliflower fried rice very soft and wet.
- In a large pan or skillet melt 1 tbsp. of butter, add the minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 4- 5 minutes ( depending on the size of shrimp), or until shrimp is totally pink and is no longer grey.
- Add the cauliflower rice & the grated Parmesan cheese to the pan, mix well and cook 6-8 minutes, then garnish with fresh dill leaves and thai red chili. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Seafood / Gluten free
- Cuisine: International
- Calories: 430 kcal
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 3566 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 71 g
- Cholesterol: 945 mg
Keywords: cauliflower rice, shrimp cauliflower rice, cauliflower recipes
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
CAULIFLOWER SHRIMP FRIED RICE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Leave a Reply