Healthy, delicious & low carb Cauliflower Fried Rice is packed with flavor and surprisingly better tasting than traditional fried rice. It is Gluten free and full of veggie goodness! It is such a great alternative for rice in a low-carb, grain-free diet.
Love cauliflower? Check out Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower that tastes like mashed potatoes or Chinese-style Orange Cauliflower.
In the modern world, we are becoming more aware of our eating habits. As such, most of us are eating food that is low in carbohydrates (Low carb) to avoid related health complications in the future.
Additionally, we want a healthy meal that can be prepared easily such as the Cauliflower fried rice. Normally, rice will have high levels of unwanted calories. However, you can save yourself a few hundred calories eating Cauliflower rice meal.
Techniques for making cauliflower rice
You can use a food processor to make Cauliflower Rice. An advantage of this method is that it is versatile in the sense that you can also make cauliflower mashed potatoes using it. However, it does not mean that the appliance is a necessity. You can use a cheese grater as well.
Storage of the Cauliflower rice
When you are done preparing the Cauliflower rice, it can be stored up to 3 days if it's in the fridge and two months in a freezer.
Get creative! Add any ingredient of your choice. This way, you are able to explore your preferences and find the perfect one.
More cauliflower recipes:Print
CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
- Large head cauliflower-1
- Garlic cloves ( finely chopped)-3
- Red chili flakes- ½ tsp.
- Mixed vegetables( carrots, peas & corns)- 2 cups
- Broccoli florets - 1 ½ cup
- Scallion stems ( thinly sliced)- 1 cup
- Large eggs ( beaten)-2
- Vegetable oil- 1 tbsp. for cooking
- Sesame oil- 1 tbsp. for cooking
- Salt - to taste , if needed
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Low sodium soy sauce- 3 tbsp.
- Oyster sauce- 2 tbsp.
- FOR GARNISH
- Black sesame seeds- as needed
- CAULIFLOWER RICE. Using a food processor* with a grater disk attachment, grate the cauliflower until it resembles "rice".
- Transfer to a clean cloth or paper towel, wrap "rice" in it and squeeze as much water as possible from the "rice". This will prevent your dish from becoming soggy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together low sodium soy sauce and oyster sauce; set aside.
- Once you have your sauce and cauliflower rice, it is time to cook.
- In a large pan/ skillet heat 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil and 1 tbsp. of sesame oil.
- Add slightly beaten eggs and fry about 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from the pan/skillet and allow to cool before dicing into small pieces; keep aside.
- In the same pan/skillet cook garlic & chili flakes until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broccoli florets and cook another 2 minutes. Add the mixed vegetables and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute or so, until they are tender.
- Stir in the diced eggs, cauliflower rice, and sauce; mix well to combine. Cover the pan/ skillet with a lid so the cauliflower rice steams and becomes more tender and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with thinly sliced scallion stems and black sesame seeds.
If you don’t have a food processor, use a box grater with the medium-sized holes.
- Category: Vegan/ Gluten Free
- Cuisine: International
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
Leave a Reply