This mushroom ravioli sauce is super easy, quick and very flavorful. Loaded with mushrooms, baby spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and parmesan. The sauce turns boring store-bought mushroom ravioli into a gourmet dish.
What kind of sauce to serve with mushroom ravioli
Ravioli is Italian filled pasta. When made with sauce and veggies, it is a complete meal. Personally I love creamy sauces with mushroom ravioli like Alfredo sauce, but even brown butter lemon sauce or tomato sauce will pair really well.
These days Tuscan-style sauces are very popular and my family really love them, so I try to use them on everything. You might want to try creamy Tuscan Salmon or Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken. They are quick and very delicious!
This recipe was inspired by Tuscan shrimp. Another gourmet hit!
Mushroom ravioli cream sauce
If you need a simple yet flavorful cream sauce for mushroom ravioli that is ready in less than 10 minutes, try this Tuscan-style rich sauce.
It is restaurant worthy and made with simple ingredients you most likely have in your fridge.
Even though, it is a meatless meal, you will feel full and satisfied.
Mushroom ravioli sauce ingredients
- Onion: Use onion or shallots. Shallots have a mild flavor with a hint of garlic. If you don’t like onion, you can leave it out or substitute with onion powder. When using onion powder, add it together with other seasonings.
- Garlic cloves: You can chop or mince garlic. I don’t recommend to use garlic powder because taste and aroma of fresh garlic is more intense.
- Mushrooms: Use white or brown mushrooms.
- Baby spinach: Try to avoid mature spinach as it can give a bitter taste.
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Red chili flakes: you can omit them if desired.
- Heavy cream: If you like thick sauces, go with heavy cream 35 % fat. You can also use half and half to make a lighter sauce.
- Parmesan cheese: Make sure to grate the cheese yourself for the best results.
- Black pepper and salt
How to make mushroom ravioli sauce
- Fill a medium pot with salted water and bring it to a boil. Once it is boiling, add the ravioli and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet, add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Cook mushrooms until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Season with salt, pepper and red chili flakes. Cook until the spinach wilts.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour the heavy cream into the skillet. Bring to a gentle simmer. Don’t boil! The sauce may curdle.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and add the cooked mushroom ravioli.
Side dishes for ravioli
Mushroom ravioli in a delicious cream sauce is already very rich in flavor. Serve it with a lighter side dish like cheesy roasted asparagus, steamed broccoli or roasted cauliflower or salad like fattoush and Caesar salad.
More Ravioli Sauces
If you make this mushroom ravioli sauce be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!