Looking for a quick and easy family-friendly meal? Look no further than Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken! In just under 30 minutes, you can have juicy, succulent chicken cooked to perfection in a garlic-infused cream sauce, complemented by tangy sun-dried tomatoes and healthy spinach.
Creamy Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken
Get ready to fall in love with Creamy Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken! This dish is perfect for any occasion, whether you're looking for an easy weeknight dinner or a special meal for a celebration. Despite its gourmet flavor profile, this recipe requires only a few simple ingredients, resulting in perfectly balanced layers of aroma and taste.
Here are some notes regarding the ingredients used in Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken:
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil: You will be using both the tomatoes and the oil they are packed in. If you prefer, you can substitute the oil with olive oil.
- Butter: We use it to sear the chicken and give it a golden color and buttery flavor.
- Chicken thighs: Skinless and bone-in chicken thighs are typically used, but you can also use skinless and boneless chicken breasts, adjusting the cooking time accordingly.
- Garlic, Italian seasoning, chili flakes, salt, and pepper: These are the seasonings used to flavor the dish.
- Chicken stock: We recommend to use homemade stock as it's healthier, more affordable, and tastier than store-bought varieties.
- Heavy cream: It helps to achieve a rich and creamy sauce. Half and half can be used as a substitute, but the sauce will be thinner.
- Parmesan cheese: It adds a cheesy flavor and helps to thicken the sauce. We recommend to use freshly grated cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- Baby spinach leaves: You can use chopped big leaf spinach as a substitute if needed.
How to Make Tuscan Chicken in Instant Pot
- Select the SAUTE setting on your Instant Pot and heat the oil along with the butter until melted.
- Next, season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side until golden, before flipping and cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic to the pot and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Pour in chicken or wine and deglaze the pot by scraping off any bits stuck to the bottom. These bits are packed with flavor that will enhance the cream sauce. This step is also crucial to prevent the BURN message from appearing.
- Season with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Close the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Choose the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the timer for 5 minutes on high pressure/8 minutes for bone-in chicken thighs. The Instant Pot will take approximately 6-7 minutes to build up pressure and begin cooking. After the cooking program finishes, release the steam quickly. Gently open the lid and transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Select the SAUTE setting and mix in the heavy cream and freshly grated parmesan.
- Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and spinach leaves to the pot. Turn off the SAUTE setting and let the spinach wilt. Return the chicken to the pot and spoon the creamy sauce over it.
Here are some tips for making Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken:
- Use chicken thighs for best flavor and tenderness. They hold up better to pressure cooking and stay moist.
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for the best flavor and to help thicken the sauce.
- Deglaze the pot after cooking the chicken to remove any bits stuck to the bottom. This will help prevent the BURN message.
- Don't overcook the chicken. Follow the recommended cooking times for boneless or bone-in chicken thighs.
- Use heavy cream for a rich and creamy sauce. If you use half and half, the sauce will be thinner.
- Add the spinach at the end of the cooking process to prevent it from overcooking and becoming mushy.
- To store Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken, first, let it cool down to room temperature. Then, transfer it to an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you want to store it for longer, you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
- To freeze, place the chicken and sauce in a freezer-safe container, leaving some room for expansion, and label with the date before placing it in the freezer. When ready to reheat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it in a pot on the stove or in the microwave.
More Delicious Chicken Thighs Recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.