Rich, creamy garlic Tuscan salmon is absolutely restaurant quality and delicious! Perfectly pan seared salmon fillets are swimming in the creamy sauce loaded with baby spinach, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Ready in less than 30 minutes. Serve it with mashed potatoes or over homemade pasta. Keto and Gluten Free.
Salmon is known for its healthy fats and heart-healthy properties, American Heart Association recommends to consume fatty fish like salmon or trout every week. If you are trying to lose weight, include salmon in your weekly menu as well. It is high-protein and makes you feel full, it will help to decrease your appetite. Best of all, it contains so many minerals and vitamins.
Salmon is always on my menu list! Check other easy salmon recipes here.
HOW TO PAN SEAR SALMON?
- The recipe calls for 4-5 salmon fillets (skin-on or skinless).
- Remove salmon fillets from the fridge and bring to room temperature. Pat dry before searing, it guarantees the salmon will be crisp on the outside and won’t stick to the pan.
- Heat a skillet with some vegetable oil.
- Once the skillet/pan is hot, generously season each fillet with salt and black pepper on both sides. Don’t season it too soon before cooking, the salt will draw moisture out of it and you will end up with dry fish.
- Sear salmon fillets about 10 minutes (5 minutes per side) or until they are cooked through. Cooking time depends of the salmon fillets’ thickness. Remove from the stove once the internal temperature reaches 140 F/ 60 C.
Sauce for Tuscan Salmon with Spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
In the same skillet/ non-stick pan (the one you used for searing salmon fillets), keep the juices and melt butter. Add the chopped garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped onion and cook until translucent. Then stir in sun-dried tomatoes and allow to release flavor before you add the remaining ingredients ( cream, baby spinach and Parmesan cheese).
What goes well with Tuscan Salmon?
Serve it with pasta, steamed jasmine rice, cauliflower rice or steamed broccoli.
- This recipe will work well for Trout, Hamour, Tilapia and Cod.
- For a thicker sauce, use 1 tsp. of corn starch dissolved in water.
- Allow the creamy sauce simmer gently to prevent from separating.
Tuscan salmon with spinach and cherry tomatoes
You can substitute sun-dried tomatoes for cherry tomatoes, the dish will be delish too.
You may also like:
If you make this Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Salmon be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
HOW TO MAKE TUSCAN SALMONPrint
CREAMY GARLIC TUSCAN SALMON
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
Rich, creamy garlic Tuscan salmon is absolutely restaurant quality and delicious! Perfectly pan seared salmon fillets are swimming in the creamy sauce loaded with baby spinach, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Salmon/Trout fillets ( skin off)- 4-5
- Ground black pepper- ½ tsp.
- Salt - as needed
- Vegetable oil- 1 tbsp.
- Unsalted butter-1 tbsp.
- Garlic cloves ( finely chopped)-6
- Red onion ( finely diced)-1
- Sun dried tomatoes ( strips)- 150 gm
- Heavy cream- 1 ¾ cup
- Baby spinach leaves- 3 cups
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese -½ cup
- Fresh parsley ( chopped)- 1 tbsp.
- Cornstarch- 1 tsp. ( dissolved with 1 tbsp. of water.
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- In a skillet/ non-stick pan heat 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper on both sides and put into the skillet/pan. Sear for 10 minutes ( 5 minutes per side) or until they are cooked through. Remove the cooked fillets from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same skillet/ pan melt 1 tbsp. of butter. Add the chopped garlic and fry until fragrant over medium heat ( about 50-60 seconds). Add the diced onion and continue cooking until translucent.
- Then, stir in sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes to release their flavors.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer, stirring from time to time. Stir in baby spinach and Parmesan cheese and cook until cheese melts and spinach leaves wilt ( about 1-2 minutes).
- If you prefer thicker sauce, add the cornstarch mixture and cook until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Return the salmon fillets back into the pan,garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with pasta, plain jasmine rice or steamed broccoli.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Salmon recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 582 kcal
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 476 mg
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 48 g
- Cholesterol: 136 mg
Keywords: salmon recipes, salmon, tuscan salmon, creamy salmon recipe
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
OTHER SALMON RECIPES
Luna Regina says
The salmon couldn’t look more perfect! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Luna!))