This lemon butter sauce for lobster ravioli is outrageous! Lobster ravioli tossed in a lemon garlic butter sauce is a deliciously easy ravioli recipe ready in minutes! It is always a hit!
Ravioli are cooked till “al dente” and finished with a flavorful butter sauce. Our family sauce recipe for lobster ravioli is now yours!
Restaurant-style Lobster Ravioli sauce
It is so easy to make the sauce you’d pay $ for at a fancy Italian restaurant. Plus this sauce will be ready in minutes with only a few simple ingredients you most likely already have.
You will love it on lobster ravioli and will use it for pasta, shrimp and other ravioli recipes.
If you like creamy sauces, check out Lobster ravioli sauce with cream. It is rich, garlicky and my husband’s favorite sauce.
what type of sauce goes with lobster ravioli
Actually it depends on your personal preference. For lobster ravioli, I always go for cream sauce, tomato cream sauce or butter sauce.
This lemon butter sauce is really great when you don’t have parmesan cheese and cream on hand to make a cream sauce, but you want a flavorful and luxurious sauce for ravioli.
This sauce is made with brown butter and lemon. If you have never tried brown butter before, it is going to rock your world. It has such an incredible toasty and nutty aroma.
How to make lobster ravioli sauce
All you need is 6 ingredients:
- Butter: Use unsalted butter to easily adjust the amount of salt to your liking.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice pairs really well with butter. You can leave it out if you wish. But the acidity makes the sauce even more flavourful. You can use apple cider instead.
- Garlic cloves: Try to avoid garlic powder. Chop or mince fresh garlic.
- Chicken stock (wine): Both chicken stock and wine will work for this sauce.
- Fresh dill/parsley: If you don’t like dill, swap out for parsley or thyme to add depth of flavor to this amazing lobster ravioli sauce!
- Black pepper
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook until the butter begins to brown and becomes nutty, about 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat and add the chicken stock or wine and lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for a few minutes or until the sauce reduces slightly.
Tips for Brown Butter Sauce for Lobster Ravioli
Brown butter is so easy to make. However, if the heat is too high, it will burn immediately. Here are some useful tips:
- Make sure to brown butter over medium heat. There is a few seconds between brown and burnt butter. Keep stirring.
- Use a light-colored pan so you can notice when the butter begins to brown.
- When the butter begins to brown, immediately add the chicken stock (or wine) and lemon juice.
Can I make the sauce ahead of time?
Yes! You can cook this sauce in advance. Later you can reheat it in the microwave for 20 seconds to melt it back.
How long does it last?
This lemon butter Lobster Ravioli will last for up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
What should I serve with it?
If you make lemon butter lobster ravioli be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!