Tender-crisp Steamed broccoli with toasted garlic is a simple and healthy side dish. Crisp and vibrant green broccoli on the table every time in less than 15 min. Vegan and gluten-Free.
INGREDIENTS FOR STEAMED BROCCOLI
- Ground Pepper
WHY STEAMING AND NOT BOILING BROCCOLI?
Steaming and boiling are very similar cooking techniques. You won't be able to say whether steamed or boiled broccoli in front of you. However, there are some advantages of steaming.
- Steamed broccoli will be less soggy than the same broccoli boiled.
- It will have better nutritional value.
TIPS TO MAKE STEAMED BROCCOLI
- Always arrange broccoli in a single layer in a steamer basket, this will allow the steam to cover all sides o f the broccoli florets.
- Season broccoli before steaming as it will help to develop the flavor.
- The steaming water can be flavored with herbs and spices like bay leaf, dried parsley, red/black peppercorns and cumin.
- Properly steamed broccoli will have vibrant green color and you will be able easily to pierce the stem with a knife.
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!