It is a modernised Caesar salad recipe. A Light and refreshing salad with my homemade quick, creamy & garlicky Caesar salad dressing ( NO raw eggs and NO anchovies) served with crunchy croutons. It is full of intense flavor, rich and creamy. WAY better than any restaurant version!
In today’s world people become more health conscious about their health and healthy foods , as a result, salads ,as a main course, become very popular and this brought a huge variety of salads. Caesar salad is not an exception.
There are lots of variations of Caesar salad which are not only mouthwatering and delicious but are the perfect meals in every aspect.
Don’t expect that Caesar salad is a mound of lettuce topped with chicken, Parmesan and croutons.
You can prepare this delicious Caesar salad with ingredients you already have in your fridge. You, probably, have the eggs, shortcut bacon, lettuce and a few pieces of bread. Viola!
You don’t know how to make homemade Caesar salad dressing!
EGGLESS CAESAR SALAD DRESSING
No raw eggs in Caesar salad dressing?YES!!! It is possible. And believe me, my homemade Caesar dressing is even better than an authentic one.
You will need only a few ingredients to make it:
- Sour cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Whole grain mustard
- Fresh lemon juice
NO ANCHOVIES TOO! I am not so keen on anchovies and never use them for any dressing.
If you are trying to limit your calorie intake, this Caesar salad is the perfect choice. It is very light , full of healthy fats and dietary fiber that provides the feeling of satisfaction.
CAESAR SALAD RECIPEPrint
CAESAR SALAD RECIPE
- Total Time: 15 mins
Easy and creamy Caesar Salad recipe! 100% better than restaurant version.
- FOR THE DRESSING
- Sour cream - 2 tbsp.
- Milk- 2 tbsp.
- Grated Parmesan cheese- 1 tbsp.
- Old style whole grain Dijon mustard- 1 tsp.
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 1
- Fresh lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp.
- FOR THE SALAD
- Shortcut turkey bacon ( cut into strips)- ½ cup
- Iceberg lettuce ( torn)- 1 head
- Boiled quail eggs ( peeled & halved)- 7-8
- Croutons - 3 tbsp.
- Parmesan cheese ( shaved)- 1/ 4 cup
- To make Caesar salad dressing, combine sour cream, milk, grated Parmesan cheese, whole grain mustard, the minced garlic,fresh lemon juice and olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Heat a non-stick pan and fry turkey bacon until browned ( 2-3 min), then transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper towel and allow to cool.
- Shave the Parmesan cheese using a vegetable peeler or a food processor with slicer attachment.
- In a large bowl combine the iceberg lettuce, boiled quail eggs, turkey bacon and croutons.
- Add in the dressing and toss until coated with this light delicious dressing.
- Sprinkle on the shaved Parmesan cheese and mix.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: French
- Calories: 289 kcal
- Sodium: 596 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Protein: 5.90 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
Keywords: caesar salad, salad recipe, chicken caesar salad
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Leave a Reply