This creamy lemon parmesan chicken is a restaurant quality chicken dish you can make in under 30 minutes.
Chicken fillets are dredged in parmesan, cooked until golden crust, then smothered in a parmesan cream sauce with capers. This chicken recipe is one of our family favourite. Chicken piccata recipe with a twist.
Boneless skinless chicken breast recipe
You will need boneless and skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. Chicken is pan seared until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and then served with lemon garlic parmesan sauce. The sauce is out of this world! Together with the parmesan crust they turn delicious Chicken Piccata into something really amazing.
The recipe was inspired by Parmesan Crusted Chicken without bread crumbs. If you are on a keto-diet or looking for gluten free parmesan chicken, please use this recipe. It is seriously the best keto parmesan chicken out there.
how to make creamy lemon parmesan chicken
- Start by grating parmesan cheese. Please avoid store-bought pre-shredded stuff and parmesan in a bottle. You can grate the cheese using a microplane grater or in a food processor with a shredder attachment.
- Pat dry chicken breasts. Season with salt and black pepper, then dredge in the parmesan-flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Cook chicken in a large skillet or pan with oil or butter until golden on each side for 8 minutes (4 minutes per side). You can use either oil or butter for this recipe. Transfer to a plate.
Parmesan Cream Sauce
This garlic parmesan sauce is creamy, rich and loaded with parmesan cheese! It is gluten free and low carb. You can use it not only with chicken, but over pasta, baked veggies, mashed potatoes and rice.
This recipe is different from classic alfredo sauce. It is made with chicken stock, heavy cream, garlic and parmesan. Cornstarch is optional, use it only if the sauce is too runny for you. But as the sauce cools down, it becomes thicker. Here is how to make parmesan cream sauce:
- Cook garlic until fragrant in the skillet or pan, about 50 seconds. Reduce the heat to low medium and pour in the chicken stock and heavy cream. Bring to a gentle simmer. Don’t BOIL the sauce because it can curdle easily. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and capers. If the sauce is too runny for you, whisk in the cornstarch mixture. The sauce will begin to thicken right away.
- Stir in the lemon juice and return the chicken back to the pan. Cook further for 1-2 minutes so the chicken will soak up all the flavors of the sauce.
It is such a quick and easy to make sauce. You are going to love it!
How long does creamy parmesan chicken last
You can keep the leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Piccata recipes
Love chicken Recipes? Try these!!
If you make this creamy lemon parmesan chicken be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
More Chicken Recipes
[ess_grid alias="chicken recipes"]