Creamy Salmon Piccata is a quick and delicious one pot salmon recipe. Seasoned salmon fillets pan seared and served with an incredible creamy lemon piccata sauce. A perfect salmon dish for lunch or dinner!
This is a twist on my classic Salmon Piccata with capers and it has become a few favorite in our family recently. This dish is so flavorful that you will crave it again and again!
Creamy Salmon Piccata
Piccata is one of the easiest and quickest recipes. And I realize that people really love salmon in creamy sauces. My Baked Salmon with Lemon Butter Cream Sauce is one of the most popular salmon recipes on my blog. And today I am going to share another family favorite recipe-Creamy Salmon Piccata. It is a very straightforward recipe, nothing complicated. Only simple ingredients that you most likely have in your fridge.
If you don’t like capers, you can leave them out because this lemon garlic sauce is very flavorful and seriously good even without them.
How do You Pan Sear Salmon
The recipe starts with cooking salmon. Here are a few tricks I’ve found:
- Bring salmon to room temperature and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season salmon with ground black pepper and salt just before pan searing. Dredge in flour (this step is optional).
- Use a good quality non-stick pan for cooking salmon, this guarantees that it will not stick.
- Sear salmon until golden brown over medium-high heat or until cooked through. Don’t move it around.
- Flip and sear another side, it takes about 4-5 minutes per side.
Creamy Piccata Sauce
- Once you've pan seared salmon, transfer it on the plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet melt butter and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock/ broth and bring to a simmer.
- Mix corn starch with water and add to the sauce. The recipe calls for coating salmon in flour before pan searing, this helps to thicken the sauce too. If you are on a low carb diet, skip the flour and pan sear seasoned salmon. And also leave out the corn starch. Use Xanthan gum as a thickening agent instead. You will need about half of a teaspoon that has only 1 g of carbs.
- Stir in heavy creamy and add capers. Half and half will work well too.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Return the cooked salmon back into the pan and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
What to serve with Salmon Piccata?
Still looking for Piccata recipes? Try these!
If you make this Creamy Salmon Piccata be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!