One pot creamy Chicken and Tortellini is a quick and easy to make dinner recipe. It is packed with crispy pan-seared chicken cutlets, spinach and tortellini, all in a creamy garlic parmesan sauce. Ready in about 30 minutes!
Full of flavor and deliciously creamy, you are going to love this as much as Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Chicken Tortellini. It has the best of both worlds! And made even better with addition of a creamy garlic parmesan sauce.
Chicken and Tortellini
Who doesn’t like one pot chicken recipes? I love them! And my family LOVES especially this chicken and tortellini dish. It is loaded with juicy chicken cutlets, tender cheese-filled tortellini and spinach. Ricotta tortellini pairs incredibly well in this dish. But you can use any flavor or make your own tortellini at home.
This creamy chicken and tortellini is perfect for lunch or dinner! Another delicious recipe to add to your weekly rotation!
Chicken and Tortellini Ingredients
- Chicken breasts: You can use chicken thighs, breasts or tenders. When using chicken breasts, halve them horizontally for quick and even cooking.
- Flour: Don’t skip the coating step. It will keep the chicken from sticking to the bottom of the pan and will seal the moisture inside the breasts.
- Garlic powder: Adds a little bit of flavor.
- Vegetable oil
- Small onion and garlic: They add so much flavor to the sauce and make it aromatic. Make sure to grate garlic and chop the onion finely.
- Italian seasoning- Any brand will work well. If you don’t have it on hand, use dry thyme or oregano.
- Chicken stock- Use store-bought or homemade chicken stock (broth).
- Tortellini- I love how ricotta tortellini pairs with other ingredients. But you can use any flavor.
- Heavy cream: Both low fat and full will work well. For a dairy free sauce, use coconut cream.
- Parmesan: Please grate it yourself for the best results. It makes the sauce rich and extra creamy.
- Baby spinach: I love to add spinach to the skillet of chicken and tortellini. Add it right at the end just to let the leaves wilt. Otherwise they will become mushy.
- Lemon juice: Feel free to adjust the amount of lemon juice.
how to make chicken and tortellini
- Halve the chicken breasts in half horizontally. Dredge in the flour mixture and brown on all sides. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, sauté onion and garlic.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add the Italian seasoning. Add the tortellini. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally add the heavy cream, parmesan and spinach. Once the spinach is wilted, return the cooked chicken back to the skillet. Drizzle with lemon juice.
You can cook chicken ahead of time. Cool and refrigerate. When ready to use, just prepare the sauce with tortellini.
Frozen or fresh tortellini
You can either use fresh or frozen tortellini. I used fresh tortellini (Giovanni Rana brand). If you prefer to use frozen, increase the cooking time by a few minutes because they cool down the sauce and it takes longer to bring it to a simmer. But, it will not affect the taste of the dish!
how long will chicken and tortellini last
Allow chicken tortellini to cool completely before transferring into an airtight container or freezer safe bag. You can store this dish for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or up to 2 months in the freezer.
More dumpling recipes
If you like this chicken and tortellini be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!