Creamy Garlic Chicken Breasts are an easy and ultimate chicken dinner. Tender chicken breasts in a hearty garlic sauce loaded with garlic, onion and cheese. This 30 minute chicken dish will become a new family favorite!
Chicken Breast Recipes
Many people don’t like chicken breasts because they are dry and hard to swallow. However, this chicken breast recipe provides juicy and tender breasts smothered in a very garlicky and flavorful sauce.
I flour them lightly and pan fry until crispy. The coating seals the moisture and yields super tender and succulent breasts.
Then, they are added to an incredibly garlicky sauce. I use both garlic cloves and garlic powder because garlic cloves alone don’t provide strong garlic flavor. However, I use garlic powder only for seasoning chicken breasts. This guarantees that the garlic flavor won’t be overpowering. Don't add it to the sauce!
how to cook chicken breast
- First, you need to slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 4 fillets, using a sharp knife. I recommend slicing instead of pounding breasts or leaving them whole. This guarantees fast and even cooking. It is seriously a 30 minute meal when you slice them.
- Dredge each fillet in flour-cheese mixture. The flour coating keeps the moisture inside the chicken and helps the sauce to thicken later. For gluten free or low carb creamy garlic chicken, substitute all-purpose flour for almond flour. Fry chicken until cooked through and golden. Transfer to a plate. You may need to fry chicken breasts in batches if your pan is small enough to accommodate all the fillets.
Creamy Garlic sauce
It is a one pan meal. Make the sauce in the same pan with all the brown bits left from chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan sauté onion until tender, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and cream. Allow to simmer for a few minutes. Finally, add the cheese and cook until it melts through. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh parsley.
The beauty of this creamy garlic sauce is that the garlic is NOT overpowering! To achieve this, make sure to caramelize it, cook for 3-5 minutes (depends on the size of the garlic cloves). For a milder flavor, don’t smash garlic cloves, add them whole. You can increase or decrease the amount of garlic and customize the recipe to your liking. Alternatively, you can even chop or mince them.
What goes with creamy garlic chicken breasts
Creamy Garlic Chicken Breasts Video
More Chicken Breast Recipes
Baked Chicken Parmesan - pan fried chicken breasts, topped with a tomato sauce and cheese and baked until cheese melts and bubbles.
Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken- a copycat recipe
Chicken Stroganoff- made with chicken breasts
Creamy Dijon Chicken- another delicious chicken recipe with creamy sauce
If you make this creamy garlic chicken breasts be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!