Creamy Ground Chicken Soup is comfort food at its best! Loaded with ground chicken, mushrooms and baby potatoes in a creamy broth! So cozy and comforting just perfect for cold winter days!
The best part it will be on the table in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Lunch or dinner the whole family will love!
Ground Chicken Soup
This soup is a comfort food in a bowl and is great for winter season. Tender chucks of potatoes, browned ground chicken, and creamy broth, you should make it and eat it with garlic bread or naan. Such an incredible combination!
This soup recipe is one of those quick recipes when you throw all the ingredients and get a hearty meal in 30 minutes.
Ground chicken soup ingredients
You will need simple ingredients to make this delicious soup. However, it turns out to be so flavorful.
- Ground chicken ( browned for additional flavor).
- Quartered potatoes to create a chunky soup. You can replace potatoes with cauliflower for a low carb version.
- Mushrooms make this soup even more delicious and comforting.
- Celery, onion and garlic provide incredible flavors.
- Heavy cream adds richness to the broth / stock. Alternatively you can use evaporated milk or half and half.
- Spinach provides texture. You can replace it with kale or leave it out.
- Corn starch helps to thicken the soup. You can also smash a few potatoes instead of adding corn starch. Mix corn starch with cream using a wire whisk before adding to the soup.
- Seasoning ( cumin, black pepper, paprika..) provides a little something extra.
how to make ground chicken soup
Start by sautéing onion and garlic. Once it is done, add the ground chicken. Break it with the tip of your wooden spoon, season and brown.
When it is browned, add mushrooms, celery, potatoes, chicken stock and bay leaves. Season the soup with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. To thicken the sauce, mix together cream and corn starch and pour into the soup. Bring to a boil and allow soup to thicken. Add baby spinach, cover with the lid and remove from the heat. Allow to stand for a few minutes for spinach to wilt. The soup is ready!
Crock Pot Chicken Ground Soup
You can make this soup in crock pot too. Saute onion and garlic on the stove, and then brown the ground chicken before adding to crock pot. Put all the ingredients into the crock pot except heavy cream, corn starch and spinach. Cook for 3 hours “HIGH” or 4 hours “LOW”. Add cream +corn starch mixture 30 minutes before cooking time will be over. Once the soup thickened, add spinach and allow it to wilt.
love ground chicken recipes? try these!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!