Parmesan Crusted Chicken is keto-friendly, low carb, gluten free and easy to make. Thin chicken fillets are coated in Parmesan-almond flour mixture and then pan fried until crispy. I included air fryer and oven methods.
EASY CHICKEN RECIPE
The recipe is very easy and it takes less than 30 minutes to cook this delicious chicken meal. Skinless chicken breasts are marinated in an egg wash seasoned to perfection and then coated in Parmesan-almond flour mixture. This parmesan crusted chicken is very flavorful, crispy of the outside, but juicy on the inside.
This is an amazing chicken dish to add to your weekly menu. Best of all, it is elegant and it will be perfect not any occasion.
This chicken recipe is perfect for any day of the week. You kids are going to love it and it will become your family favorite!
Parmesan crusted Chicken
My family is in love with this Italian cheesy and flavorful crust. I understand that some people have celiac disease and can’t use bread crumbs. I substituted breadcrumbs for almond flour (not almond meal).No flour and breadcrumbs means that this chicken recipe is 100 % Gluten free! I absolutely love this recipe. These parmesan crusted chicken fillets taste like ones from a fine Italian restaurant and will be on your table in less than 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Chicken: The recipe calls for boneless chicken breasts, but even boneless & skinless chicken thighs will work. The cooking time will be different if using chicken thighs. It will take about 16 minutes (8 minutes per side) for thighs to be cooked through. I recommend to pound thighs in order to achieve the right thickness (½ inch/ 1.5 cm).
- Parmesan Cheese: The second key ingredient is Parmesan cheese. Fresh grated Parmesan cheese is the best option. I used a food processor and it was done in a minute. In addition, you can finely grate it in a food processor which is hard to achieve when you shred it.
- Almond flour: The recipe calls for blanched almond flour (means that the skin was removed from the nuts). Coconut flour will work as well. These flours are great option if you are on a low carb diet or have celiac disease.
- Eggs- 2 medium eggs will be enough. Egg wash is a great glue for making Parmesan crust stick to chicken.
- Seasoning: I used garlic and onion powders, salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper. But even taco seasoning will work really well.
Baked Parmesan Crusted chicken
The recipe is versatile. You can bake chicken as well.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F / 190 C.
- Use an oven safe skillet or pan. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil or spray with a cooking spray.
- Put the Parmesan coated chicken into the skillet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F in the thickest part. Don’t overcook or the chicken will become dry.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken in Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 °F/200 °C.
- Using a cooking spray (made of butter), spray the coated chicken breasts all over.
- Cook chicken in 2 batches, place 2 breasts into the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes, then flip and fry another 4 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Repeat the same with the second batch.
Other Chicken Breasts Recipes
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Breasts in Honey Mustard Sauce
- Creamy Dijon Chicken
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken
- Chicken Piccata
- One Skillet Lemon Chicken and Orzo
If you make Parmesan Crusted Chicken be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!