This hellmann's parmesan crusted chicken is an easy and quick chicken recipe. Tender chicken breasts nested inside crispy coating and topped with parmesan, mayonnaise and panko breadcrumbs. Perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Parmesan crusted chicken
If you have never tried chicken with hellmann’s mayo and parmesan cheese, you are missing out! So yummy!!It is one of those recipes that are perfect for a quick dinner but elegant to serve for company. This parmesan crusted chicken should make it into your repertoire as soon as possible!
Chicken fillets are perfectly seasoned, coated in parmesan flour mixture and fried until golden, then topped with hellmann’s mayo, parmesan and panko; all finished in the oven. It tastes like something you would eat at a good restaurant.
What you need for hellmann's parmesan crusted chicken
- Parmesan Cheese: You can use store-bought shredded parmesan or grate it yourself for the best results. Don’t use powdery parmesan, it won’t melt on chicken. The best ways to grate the cheese is to use a microplane grater or food processor.
- Flour: To make this recipe gluten free, use almond flour.
- Hellmann’s mayo: If you can’t get hellmann’s mayonnaise, use any mayo available in your place. I prefer Hellmann’s mayo because I love its richness and salt level. It tastes like homemade mayo and is thicker than other brands available at the market.
- Panko bread crumbs: Don’t skip on this! They make this mayo topping so delicious and crunchy.
- Chicken: The recipe calls for boneless and skinless chicken breasts, but if you love darker meat, use chicken thighs for this hellmann’s parmesan crusted chicken. Thighs cook longer than chicken breasts. Be sure to pound them to get flat fillets.
How to make hellmann’s parmesan crusted chicken
- Cut chicken breasts in half to make them thinner. They cook faster too. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Dip each chicken fillet in a flavorful egg wash.
- Dredge in parmesan mixture and shake off excess.
- Fry until golden and crispy over medium high heat, about 4 minutes per side.
- Top with hellmann’s mayo mixture and panko bread crumbs.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts and crumbs become crispy and golden.
How to prevent chicken from sticking to pan
To keep the parmesan coating from sticking to the pan, use a non-stick pan (or skillet).
How to make hellmann’s parmesan chicken ahead
Cook the chicken and allow to cool completely. Cover the plate with plastic and refrigerate. When ready to serve, finish it in the preheated oven.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F|200 C.
- Place the chicken on the tray or baking sheet. Top with helman’s mayo mixture and panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Broil for the last 2 minutes.
You can customize the recipe with your favourite seasonings and let chicken marinate overnight.
Sides to serve with hellmann’s parmesan crusted chicken
More chicken breasts recipes
If you make hellman's crusted parmesan chicken be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!