This hellmann's parmesan crusted chicken is an easy and quick chicken recipe. Tender chicken breasts nested inside crispy coating and topped with parmesan, mayonnaise and panko breadcrumbs. Perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Love parmesan crusted chicken? Be sure to try our Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken or Parmesan Crusted Chicken without breadcrumbs (a gluten free recipe). You are going to love them!
Parmesan crusted chicken
If you have never tried chicken with hellmann’s mayo and parmesan cheese, you are missing out! So yummy!!It is one of those recipes that are perfect for a quick dinner but elegant to serve for company. This parmesan crusted chicken should make it into your repertoire as soon as possible!
Chicken fillets are perfectly seasoned, coated in parmesan flour mixture and fried until golden, then topped with hellmann’s mayo, parmesan and panko; all finished in the oven. It tastes like something you would eat at a good restaurant.
What you need for hellmann's parmesan crusted chicken
- Parmesan Cheese: You can use store-bought shredded parmesan or grate it yourself for the best results. Don’t use powdery parmesan, it won’t melt on chicken. The best ways to grate the cheese is to use a microplane grater or food processor.
- Flour: To make this recipe gluten free, use almond flour.
- Hellmann’s mayo: If you can’t get hellmann’s mayonnaise, use any mayo available in your place. I prefer Hellmann’s mayo because I love its richness and salt level. It tastes like homemade mayo and is thicker than other brands available at the market.
- Panko bread crumbs: Don’t skip on this! They make this mayo topping so delicious and crunchy.
- Chicken: The recipe calls for boneless and skinless chicken breasts, but if you love darker meat, use chicken thighs for this hellmann’s parmesan crusted chicken. Thighs cook longer than chicken breasts. Be sure to pound them to get flat fillets.
How to make hellmann’s parmesan crusted chicken
- Cut chicken breasts in half to make them thinner. They cook faster too. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Dip each chicken fillet in a flavorful egg wash.
- Dredge in parmesan mixture and shake off excess.
- Fry until golden and crispy over medium high heat, about 4 minutes per side.
- Top with hellmann’s mayo mixture and panko bread crumbs.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts and crumbs become crispy and golden.
How to prevent chicken from sticking to pan
To keep the parmesan coating from sticking to the pan, use a non-stick pan (or skillet).
Cook chicken for 4 minutes, untouched; push with a wooden spatula to check if the crust is golden. If it is golden, flip using tongs and cook further for 3-4 minutes or until done.
How to make hellmann’s parmesan chicken ahead
Cook the chicken and allow to cool completely. Cover the plate with plastic and refrigerate. When ready to serve, finish it in the preheated oven.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F|200 C.
- Place the chicken on the tray or baking sheet. Top with helman’s mayo mixture and panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Broil for the last 2 minutes.
You can customize the recipe with your favourite seasonings and let chicken marinate overnight.
Sides to serve with hellmann’s parmesan crusted chicken
We love to serve this parmesan crusted chicken fillets with pasta and Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Low carb side dishes: Serve it with Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower, Sauteed Mushrooms or Steamed Broccoli.
If you are fine with carbs, serve it with Mashed potatoes, Naan bread or Scalloped potatoes.
More chicken breasts recipes
Creamy gralic parmesan chicken
Crispy parmesan chicken milanese & veggies
If you make hellman's crusted parmesan chicken be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
Hellmann's Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6
This hellmann's parmesan crusted chicken is an easy and quick chicken recipe. Tender chicken breasts nested inside crispy coating and topped with parmesan, mayonnaise and panko breadcrumbs.
For the Chicken:
- Chicken breasts ( cut in half lengthwise to make 6)-3, about 1.5 lbs (700 g)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil- 2-3 tablespoons, for frying
- Italian seasoning- 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese-1 cup
- All-purpose flour- ½ cup
For the Topping:
- Hellman's mayonnaise or any mayo- 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese-½ cup
- Onion powder-½ teaspoon
- Garlic powder-½ teaspoon
- Panko breadcrumbs-6 tablespoons
- Fresh parsley (finely chopped)- 1 tablespoon, to garnish
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 6 fillets. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Keep aside.
- Whisk together eggs , Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Combine the flour and parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each fillet in the egg wash and let excess drip off. Dredge in the parmesan mixture, pressing the fillet into the coating. Shake off excess coating and repeat with the remaining chicken fillets.
- In a large non stick skillet or pan heat oil over medium high heat. Cook chicken in batches of 3 for 4 minutes or until golden. Don't move the chicken as the coating will not stick. Flip and fry on the other side until golden.
- Preheat your oven broiler. Grease a baking tray with cooking oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Place the cooked chicken on the tray and top each fillet with the mayo mixture and 1 tablespoon of panko bread crumbs.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 589.09kcal
- Sugar: 0.37g
- Sodium: 620.71mg
- Fat: 47.23g
- Saturated Fat: 10.08g
- Carbohydrates: 11.87g
- Fiber: 0.53g
- Protein: 28.29g
- Cholesterol: 122.68mg
Keywords: hellmann’s parmesan crusted chicken, parmesan chicken, chicken breast recipes
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Leave a Reply