Learn how to make the best juicy chicken parmesan meatloaf with this chicken meatloaf recipe! Smothered in a flavorful tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese! Budget-friendly and easy to prepare, let the oven do all the work for you!
Ground Chicken Meatloaf
The best Chicken meatloaf is right here! It is incredibly flavorful, cheesy and juicy. It makes an excellent family dinner and leftovers are great to make sandwiches the next day. If you love Chicken Parmesan and classic beef meatloaf, you should give a try to this recipe. It is easy to make and is worth every minute! You will wow your family or guests with this delicious comfort food.
How to make chicken meatloaf
This chicken parmesan meatloaf is easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet. Cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Combine all the ingredients together: ground chicken, cooked onion, garlic, bread crumbs, basil pesto, eggs, paprika, tomato passata (marinara), Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place on the tray and stretch it out to make a rectangle. Put the mozzarella cheese in the center and roll to make a log.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven to 350 F (180C).
- Remove from the oven and top with marinara sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the meatloaf is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
Allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes to ensure it will not fall apart when slicing.
How long to bake chicken meatloaf
The total cooking time is 1 hour and 5 minutes. First, you need to bake meatloaf for 40 minutes, then remove from the oven and top with marinara sauce and cheese. Bake further for 10-15 minutes.
To speed up the cooking process, you can make mini meatloaf. Simply shape into mini patties or use muffin tins. When using muffin tins, generously spray with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, remove and top with marinara and cheese. Bake further for 10 minutes.
What to Serve With Chicken Meatloaf
Chicken parm meatloaf is comfort food at its best. Serve it with pasta, veggies or potatoes.
- Vegetables: Crunchy veggies work well as a great side dish to this chicken parmesan meatloaf. Serve it with Roasted Cauliflower or Steamed Broccoli.
- Potatoes: There are tons of ways to prepare potatoes, all of them taste amazing with chicken meatloaf. But the most common side to serve with meatloaf is mashed potatoes. Serve it with Garlic mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes.
- Pasta: This is my favorite way to serve this delicious comfort food. Cacio e pepe or homemade pasta go really well and make a delicious Italian-style dinner.
- Sauce: Serve it with spaghetti and extra tomato passata (marinara sauce).
How to store and freeze chicken parmesan meatloaf
You can keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or wrap individual slices in foil, place in a freezer safe bag and freeze for 4-5 months.
If you want to know how to reheat meatloaf, check Southern Meatloaf recipe.
More ground chicken recipes
If you make this chicken meatloaf be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!