Creamy garlic parmesan chicken is a quick and easy dinner. It will be on your table in 30 minutes and is great with mashed potatoes or a side of veggies.
Chicken is dredged in grated parmesan, pan seared and served in a garlic parmesan cream sauce. Impress your loved ones with this luxurious yet simple chicken recipe!
Garlic Parmesan chicken
This garlic parmesan chicken is super simple and perfect for busy weeknights when you need to prepare a dinner in less than 30 minutes.
Like our other chicken breast recipes, Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Garlic Chicken Breasts or Chicken Stroganoff, this chicken recipe comes together quickly and requires minimal prep. It is all made in one pan.
For this recipe, we use parmesan crusted chicken fillets simmered in a delicious creamy garlic parmesan sauce. They are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
how to make creamy garlic parmesan chicken
- I like to dredge chicken in flour parmesan mixture to get a fantastic crust. This also helps to seal the moisture inside the fillets and they stay incredibly juicy on the inside. If you are on a keto diet, you can substitute all-purpose flour with almond flour or simply skip this step and pan fry fillets.
- Fry the chicken fillets over medium high heat until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fillets. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Make the sauce. Simply cook garlic and flour in the same skillet over medium heat for 20 seconds. Add the chicken broth and whisk until well combined. Pour in the cream and bring to a gentle simmer. Don’t boil! The sauce may curdle. Season and stir in parmesan. Cook until melted and the sauce is thick. If it is too runny for your liking, dissolve extra tablespoon of flour in water and add. The sauce will start thickening immediately. Put the chicken back to the skillet. Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley.
How to cook garlic parmesan chicken (Tips)
- Start by grating the cheese. Use a microplane grater or a food processor. Fresh grated cheese melts better and tastes better.
- Halve your chicken breast horizontally. This ensures that chicken will be evenly cooked in no time. Don’t pat dry, the parmesan mixture will not stick.
- For a lightened up sauce, use half & half or evaporated milk. Make sure to cook the sauce over medium heat. If you bring it to a rapid boil, it will most probably curdle.
- For gluten free sauce, use cornstarch instead of flour to thicken the sauce.
Sides that go with creamy garlic chicken breasts
We love to serve this creamy garlic parmesan chicken with mashed potatoes or cacio-peppe. Another great option is Instant pot basmati rice or a side of veggies like Roasted asparagus or steamed broccoli.
Need more chicken breast recipes? Try these!!
If you make garlic parmesan chicken be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!