These Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are creamy, fluffy, buttery rich and delicious. It takes less than 20 minutes to make this ultimate side dish in Instant Pot. A bowl of these creamy and buttery mashed potatoes will take your taste buds to heaven!
Serve them alongside Lemon Chicken Piccata or Chicken Thighs with Creamy Mushroom Sauce.
INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES
With a table full of side dishes, these Instant Pot mashed potatoes will be a hit. Best of all cooking them in an Instant Pot will save your time. If you haven’t tried cooking potatoes in Instant Pot, you are missing a lot!
Tips for Best Mashed Potatoes in Instant Pot
- You need to use just the right type potatoes. Use higher starch potatoes: Russets , Crème Royala, Yukon golds.
- Use just enough water to cover them in Instant pot.
- Mash the cooked potatoes using a masher or a food mill. I don’t recommend to mash in food processor, because you can end with gluey and unappetizing potatoes.
- I like to cook the peeled potatoes, but you can keep the peels.
IF I DON'T HAVE AN INSTANT POT
You don't have an Instant pot, try these recipes:
- BROWNED BUTTER MASHED POTATOES RECIPE
- SPINACH MASHED POTATOES
- PERFECT MASHED POTATOES
- GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE.
- MASHED POTATO BALLS
HOW TO MAKE MASHED POTATOES IN INSTANT POTPrint
BEST INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4
These Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are creamy, fluffy, buttery rich and delicious. It takes less than 20 minutes to make this ultimate side dish in Instant Pot.
- Yukon/ Creme Royale, Russet potatoes ( peeled)- 1 kg / 2 .2 pounds
- Garlic cloves ( finely chopped)-8
- Chicken bouillon-1 cube
- Dried rosemary- 2 tsp.
- Heavy cream ( warm)- ½ cup
- Fresh Pecorino Romano/Parmesan cheese- ¼ cup
- Salted butter- 3 tbsp.
- Salt -to taste
- Ground black pepper- to taste
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped) 1 ½ tbsp to garnish
- Turn the instant pot on, choose "Sauté" function and set time for 2 minutes. Wait until it becomes hot, melt 1 tbsp. of butter, add garlic and sauté 1 minute or until fragrant. Press "Cancel" button.
- Put your peeled potatoes in the Instant Pot and pour enough water to be covered completely. Add chicken bouillon, 1 tsp. of dries rosemary and salt.
- Choose "Pressure Cooker" and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, press "Cancel" button and allow natural pressure release.
- Add the heavy cream, remaining butter, rosemary and pepper to the Instant Pot with cooked potatoes. Use a potato masher or food mill to mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Add in the fresh grated Pecorino/ Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Instant pot recipes
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 100 g
- Calories: 121 kcal
- Fat: 5.71 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 2.86 g
- Cholesterol: 18 mg
Keywords: instant pot mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
OTHER INSTANT POT RECIPES
Meldred Judith says
This looks so yummy. I will try this recipe.
I am gonna try this later and it is perfect for my year old nephew. We are introducing him to solids now and this will be great for him I was wondering what is that yolk like substance? Anyway, great recipe.
Wilson Jake says
Wow this is really interesting, looks yummy. Nice recipe, I love having potatoes and this is another way having ot served. 🥰😋
This instant pots can work magic.They will save us from mashing the potatoes traditionally.So efficient.
Janine Bocateja says
Oh I love potatoes perfect timing I've bought some and I'm gonna try this recipe tomorrow. Perfect for the quarantine period.
Oyeyipo Oladele says
Am sure a trial will convince you. Am rushing to do mine here.
David Mureithi says
This reminds me of upcountry. I used to enjoy these.
These mashed potatoes looks so yummy. I love potatoes, especially the mashed ones and these ones are perfect for me.
Yes, mashed are the best! Add some garlic, butter and chives to it and you're in heaven!