Make your favorite restaurant-style crispy Brussels sprouts easily at home with this Longhorn Steakhouse Brussels Sprouts Recipe! Enjoy tender insides and crispy edges with this simple and delicious copycat recipe.
Serve them alongside our Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken, the perfect Wagyu Ribeye Steak, or Mashed Potatoes. They make a fantastic addition to your holiday table or as a delightful side dish for any meal throughout the year.
Longhorn Brussels Sprouts
The Longhorn Steakhouse Brussels Sprouts Recipe is really popular, and for good reason! You might think steaks are the best thing at this famous steakhouse, but their Brussels Sprouts are also a big hit with many people.
This homemade recipe's spicy sauce with a hint of sweetness is something you'll find yourself craving again and again.
- Brussels Sprouts: Choose fresh, firm sprouts with a bright green color. Avoid sprouts that are yellowing or have loose leaves. Substitution: If fresh Brussels sprouts aren't available, use frozen ones. Thaw before using.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Adds flavor and helps in air frying. Substitution: Use Canola oil or vegetable oil for a more neutral taste.
- Garlic Cloves: Fresh garlic provides the best flavor.
- Sea Salt: It has a coarser grain and milder flavor compared to table salt. Substitution: Kosher salt or regular table salt will work too , but adjust the quantity as they are denser.
- Unsalted Butter: Helps to control the saltiness of the dish.
- Chipotle Chili Powder: Adds a smoky flavor. Substitution: Regular chili powder for a less smoky taste or a mix of smoked paprika and cayenne pepper for heat.
- Smoked Paprika: Adds a smoky depth to the dish. Substitution: Regular paprika with a pinch of cumin can be used for a slightly different flavor profile.
- Red Pepper Flakes: Adds a bit of heat. Substitution: Cayenne pepper or a dash of hot sauce can be used to achieve a similar heat level.
- Maple Syrup: Adds a subtle sweetness and richness. Substitution: Agave syrup will work as an alternative.
- Honey: Complements the maple syrup in sweetness.
How to Make Longhorn Brussels Sprouts
In a large mixing bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic, and salt. Toss everything together until evenly coated.
Place the seasoned Brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooking at this high temperature for a shorter time helps achieve the crispy texture you want. Air fry for 10-15 minutes. Start checking if they're done after 10 minutes. Shake the basket at least twice during the cooking process to ensure the sprouts crisp up evenly.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, red pepper flakes, honey, and maple syrup. Mix these ingredients together well.
Take the Brussels sprouts out of the air fryer and transfer them to a bowl. Then toss with the sauce.
- To store leftover Brussels sprouts, place them in an airtight container or a jar with a lid and keep in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, place them in a freezer-safe container. Store like this for up to 3 months. When you're ready to eat them again, make a fresh batch of spicy sauce to add after reheating.
- Reheating Instructions: The best method to reheat your leftover Brussels sprouts is by air frying them. Simply preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and air fry them for 4 to 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can quickly toss them in a hot skillet or pan. For a quicker option, reheat them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. We recommend to make more sauce and add it to the Brussels sprouts after reheating for the best flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can roast the Brussels sprouts in the oven instead. Bake them at a high temperature (around 400°F) until they are crispy.
While Brussels sprouts are best served fresh, you can make them ahead and reheat in the oven or air fryer to maintain crispiness.
Yes, feel free to add ingredients like bacon bits, parmesan cheese, or nuts for added flavor and texture.
More Copycat Recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.