Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts is a great way to use your favorite dip and turn it into a delicious chicken dinner meal!Tender chicken breasts stuffed with a spinach artichoke dip, pan seared until golden brown and smothered in a fantastic creamy sauce! Low-carb and keto-friendly chicken recipe the whole family will love!
Stuffed chicken breast
Chicken breasts often tend to be dry and boring. Even though they are low in fat and healthier than other parts of a bird, many people prefer dark meat because it is juicy and has more chickeny flavor. However, even if you are food-obsessed person, you should give a try to these stuffed chicken breasts.
You will seriously enjoy them! Especially if you like spinach artichoke dip and crave juicy and tender chicken, this recipe is for you! You will get the best of both worlds. And the creamy sauce makes this chicken dish the star of any dinner table.
How to stuff chicken breast
- First, prepare the dip by mixing all the ingredients. Keep it aside.
- Then, season chicken breasts on both sides with Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Next, cut a slit in a chicken breast, about ¾ quarter of the way through.
- Finally, stuff with 2 tablespoons of the dip and seal, using a few toothpicks.
Spinach and artichoke dip
This dip is creamy, rich and cheesy. It is a crowd favorite! It helps to turn the dry chicken into an amazing meal. You will need cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese,spinach, garlic and artichokes in brine. Simply combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and stuff the chicken with this mixture. The dip will be thick. Make sure to squeeze any liquid from the spinach and discard it before adding to the bowl.
How long to cook stuffed chicken breast
The recipe calls for pan searing method, but you can also bake them.
Sear the stuffed chicken breasts for 14-16 minutes, about 7-8 minutes per side. If your chicken breasts are large and thick, add a few tablespoons of water into the skillet and cook for additional 5 minutes with a lid. Alternatively you can bake them for 25 minutes at 400 F (200 C).
Cream sauce for chicken
The sauce can make any chicken dish shine at the dinner table. After stuffing the chicken breasts, you will have plenty of spinach artichoke dip for the sauce. If you don’t want to make the sauce, halve the dip ingredients.
Personally I love to serve these stuffed chicken breasts with the sauce that makes this dish super delicious. A perfect low-carb chicken recipe!
When the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a plate. In the same pan combine the remaining dip and half & half (or heavy cream). Cook until the cheeses melt and the sauce is thick. Return the chicken back into the pan.
How to serve and store spinach artichoke stuffed chicken breasts
Serve these chicken breasts with healthy mashed potatoes, cauliflower mash (low-carb), roasted asparagus or roasted potatoes.
You can store the leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Alternatively, you can freeze for 4-5 months.
Love chicken breasts? Try these!
Chicken Stroganoff- a delicious chicken breasts in a creamy mushroom sauce
Creamy Dijon chicken- chicken breasts in a creamy mustard sauce
Creamy Garlic Chicken Breasts- super garlicky chicken breasts
Lemon Chicken Piccata- a classic chicken recipe that everybody will love
Creamy Tuscan Chicken- chicken breasts in a creamy sauce with spinach and sun dried tomatoes
If you make these spinach artichoke stuffed chicken breasts be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
Spinach artichoke stuffed chicken
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts is a great way to use your favorite dip and turn it into a delicious chicken dinner meal!Tender chicken breasts stuffed with a spinach artichoke dip, pan seared until golden brown and smothered in a fantastic creamy sauce!
- Chicken breasts ( skinless & boneless)- 2 pounds (1 kg)
- Italian seasoning- 2 tablespoons
- Paprika- 2 teaspoons
- Salt and pepper- to taste
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP:
- Cooked spinach- 5 oz (150 g)
- Light cream cheese ( at room temp)- 8 oz (250 gm)
- Canned or bottled artichoke hearts in brine ( finely chopped)-6 oz ( 170 g)
- Mozzarella cheese ( shredded)- ½ cup
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese- ½ cup
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 4 or 1 tablespoon
- Remaining spinach artichoke dip
- Half and half- 1 cup
- Salt and ground black pepper- to taste
For the Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- In a medium bowl combine spinach (squeeze all the excess liquid of the spinach and get rid of it before adding), artichoke, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and garlic. Keep aside.
For the Chicken:
- Place chicken breasts on the cutting board and season both sides with Italian seasoning, paprika , ground pepper and salt. Put your hand on the top of the breast and carefully cut a slit, about ¾ of the way through. Make sure not to cut all the way through!
- Stuff each breast with two tablespoons of the spinach artichoke filling. Keep aside the remaining dip for the creamy sauce.
- Use 2-3 toothpicks to seal the opening, this will keep the filling inside while cooking.
- In a large pan heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once it is hot, add the stuffed chicken breasts and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 7-8 minutes per side. Cook the chicken covered. Transfer to a plate.
For the Cream Sauce:
- In the same pan combine the remaining spinach artichoke dip. You should have enough left to make the sauce. Cook until the sauce is thick. Return the cooked chicken into the pan. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 483 kcal
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 103 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 56 g
- Cholesterol: 168 mg
Keywords: spinach artichoke stuffed chicken, stuffed chicken breasts, chicken recipes
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Leave a Reply