Copycat Popeyes Chicken Sandwich with homemade spicy mayo is incredibly crispy, juicy and tastes 100 times better than popeyes fried chicken sandwich!
If you love popeyes fried chicken sandwiches, it is time to make them at home and impress your family and friends! Nobody can resist that crunchy chicken coating that makes this sandwich so addictive.
Popeyes Chicken Sandwich recipe
How many times I used to ask Siri where popeyes chicken sandwich near me. But why to order and pay for something you can make at home! Surprisingly this famous Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich is ridiculously easy to make and it comes together in less than 30 minutes. What I love most about this chicken sandwich is that it is so juicy on the inside and amazingly crispy on the outside. You are going to love it!
Popeyes Spicy Chicken Sandwich Ingredients
To make this sandwich you will need simple ingredients.
- Tender Chicken Breasts: I used tender chicken fillets, but even regular chicken breast fillets will work well. Just make sure you pound each chicken fillet to get the same thickness. If you don’t pound them, the thinner part of the breast will be dried out and the thicker part will be undercooked. Moreover, pounding will tenderize the meat.
- Buttermilk: It is the key ingredient to make a tender and juicy chicken. How does it work? If you marinate chicken overnight, the buttermilk’s acidity breaks down the protein and chicken breasts will retain better moisture when cooking and will be tender. The longer you marinate chicken the better. If you don’t have butter milk, have a look at my buttermilk recipe in 5 minutes.
- Three flours: I used the combination of three flours: all-purpose, rice and corn flour. Especially rice flour is lighter than any other flour and is a must add-in. It will make the coating super crunchy and light at the same time.
- Seasoning: I used Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and taco seasoning (optional).
- Burger/brioche buns: If you want to replicate Popeyes chicken sandwich, I highly recommend to buy brioche or burger buns. The sandwich will look and taste like that popular Popeyes chicken fried sandwich.
DIY POPEYES CHICKEN SANDWICH
This is a very easy sandwich that will be on your table in less than 30 minutes.
- First, you marinate chicken in the buttermilk mixture with spices that boost the flavor.
- Then you coat each chicken piece in the flour mixture seasoned to perfection.
- Deep fry chicken.
- Prepare spicy mayo.
- Assemble chicken sandwich.
HOW TO MAKE SPICY MAYO
This spicy mayo is very versatile and goes well with almost everything. To make it, simply combine ½ cup regular mayo, 1 tsp of hot sauce, 1 tsp of paprika, garlic powder and 1 tsp of taco seasoning. Mix well. Super easy!
Other Chicken Breast recipes:
- Baked Chicken Breasts in Honey Mustard Sauce
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Asparagus Stuffed chicken breasts
- Butter Chicken
- Chicken Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Lemon Chicken Piccata
If you make this Chicken Sandwich be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
DIY Popeyes Chicken SandwichPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!