Salmon Florentine is one pot salmon recipe that is ready in 25 minutes! Crispy pan seared salmon are topped with a flavorful and creamy sauce with spinach and mushrooms. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
This low carb Salmon Florentine recipe is very easy to make. I cook it very often because it is so comforting, slightly spicy and delicious! Pan seared salmon are swimming in the most amazing creamy sauce loaded with spinach, mushrooms, garlic, onion and cream. This salmon recipe is also keto-friendly, paleo and gluten free. And the best of all, it comes together fast and goes really well with everything.
how to make pan seared salmon Florentine
Make sure you prepared all the ingredients as it cooks fast!
- Skinless salmon fillets
- Vegetable oil (for keto version, substitute vegetable oil with butter or avocado oil).
- Red chili flakes ( If you don’t like spicy food, leave it out or use black pepper)
how to sear salmon
- Bring salmon to room temperature and pat dry, using a paper towel.
- Use a large non-stick pan, it guarantees that salmon won’t stick to the pan. Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Season salmon with salt and red chili flakes on both sides just before searing.
- Sear salmon until it is cooked through or its internal temperature reaches 145 F (62 C). It takes about 10 minutes (5 minutes per side). Don’t overcook it, otherwise it will be dry.
- Transfer to a plate.
Sauce for Salmon
This recipe is perfect for when you crave salmon in creamy sauce. Salmon Florentine sauce is made of onion, garlic, spinach, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, half and half, lemon juice and red chili flakes. The sauce is so versatile and you can use it with chicken, tofu or veggies. I love it!
So to make Florentine sauce you will need:
- Mushrooms: Use any kind of mushrooms you like.
- Half & Half: Full fat milk, heavy cream and half & half will for work well for this recipe.
- Corn starch ( optional to thicken the sauce)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Baby spinach
- Red chili flakes: For a milder flavor, use 1/5 tsp. of red chili flakes or substitute them with ground black pepper.
- Lemon juice
This sauce comes together really quickly. You can make the sauce and pan sear salmon at the same time, reducing the cooking time to 10-12 minutes. Simply use two pans.
Sides for Salmon
More delicious Salmon Recipes:
If you make this Salmon Florentine be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!