Baked Salmon with Lemon Butter Cream Sauce is one of the quickest and tastiest salmon recipes. It is a one skillet dish that comes together in 20 minutes.
This salmon recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners when you don’t have time to cook fancy meals! Serve it with Instant pot mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, steamed broccoli, cacao e pepe or any salad of your choice.
Oven baked salmon recipe
It is a ridiculously easy 20 minute salmon recipe, salmon is baked and then drizzled with a creamy lemon garlic butter sauce. It takes about 5 minutes to make the sauce. I like to do it while salmon is baking. The combination of pan juices from salmon and creamy sauce creates a fantastic salmon dish!
Best part is that you will need simple ingredients you most likely have in your kitchen to make this quick and healthy dinner!
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED SALMON WITH LEMON BUTTER GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
- Salmon fillets – use the salmon fillets of the same size as this guarantees that they will be evenly cooked.
- Old-style Dijon mustard – can be left out or subbed for regular Dijon mustard.
- Garlic – use the MINCED garlic as it is more flavorful and you won’t feel pieces of raw garlic. It will be fully cooked.
- Cream – I recommend to use heavy cream for a better result. However, even half and half will work really well.
- Butter – the recipe calls for butter, but olive oil can be used also.
- Lemon – salmon pairs really well with lemon and helps to balance all the flavors.
What temp Should Salmon Be Cooked to
Bake salmon (uncovered) in the preheated oven at 425°F/ 220°C with the rack in the center of the oven.
How long to bake salmon at 425
Baking time will depend on the thickness of salmon fillets. It usually takes 6 minutes per 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness of fillet.
1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness:
- MEDIUM DONE: 4 minutes
- WELL DONE: 6 minutes
0.7 inch (2 cm) thickness:
- MEDIUM: 10 minutes
- WELL DONE: 13-15 minutes
Don’t over bake salmon because it will be dry!
How to know when salmon is done
The salmon’s internal temperature should reach 145°F/ 61°C in the thickest part. Use an instant thermometer to check the doneness. If you don’t have it, check with a fork. Flesh will fall apart and will easily flakes once it is cooked.
Do you love seafood?
Try these recipes:
If you make this Baked Salmon with Lemon Butter Garlic Cream Sauce be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!