Fantastic Parmesan Crusted Salmon with whole grain mustard, horseradish & fresh dill sprigs coating. Impress your guests with this healthy & delicious dinner.
Tender salmon, covered in a salty, flavorful Parmesan crust – what’s not to love? A regular on any seafood restaurant’s menu, it’s surprisingly simple to make at home.
The first, essential step is of course, to select a great salmon fillet. There are a number of different varieties of salmon, but there are a couple of general rules you can bear in mind when selecting your fillet.
- Check that it’s not a dry cut, but that there’s clear moisture to the fillet.
- Look for a bright color, be it red or orange, make sure that there’s no discoloration happening.
- White ribbons of fat serve as a hint that you’re looking at a really soft, tender salmon fillet. Choose this one.
Parmesan Crusted Salmon
The secret to delicious Parmesan Crusted Salmon is not too different from what makes most other dishes delicious – Olive oil! Although only a few tablespoons are required, the quality of the olive oil determines the quality of the dish.
HOW LONG TO BAKE SALMON
Baking times vary, but you will know that the salmon is ready to serve when it comes apart with ease at the touch of a fork. Parmesan Crusted Salmon is delicious with a variety of sides. Why not try it with buttery asparagus or a fresh, crisp baby spinach salad? Creamed spinach is a great wintry side, paired with crushed baby potatoes and a full bodied red wine. Get creative and enjoy!
PARMESAN CRUSTED SALMON FROM SCRATCHPrint
PARMESAN CRUSTED SALMON
- Salmon fillet- 700 gm
- Parmesan cheese ( grated)-1 cup
- Whole grain mustard- 2 tbsp
- Horseradish- 2 tsp
- Black pepper- ½ tsp
- Dry parsley- 1 tbsp
- Fresh dill sprigs- 2 tbsp
- Olive oil- ¼ cup
- Salt- to taste
- Lemon wedges- 6-7
- Preheat your oven to 400 F or 200 C with the rack in the center.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper ( the parchment paper must be safe to use at 200 C /400 F).
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients ( Parmesan cheese, whole grain mustard, horseradish, black pepper, dry parsley, fresh dill sprigs, olive oil & salt). Mix well.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Place the lemon wedges as well.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the salmon until the fillet is completely covered.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or till the time you can use a fork to flake the salmon easily.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with the fresh dill sprigs before serving.
- Category: Seafood/ Salmon recipes
- Cuisine: International
[email protected] says
That dark char is so unique to your recipe. It has me drooling!
Thank you, Luna!