This homemade Meatloaf with Oatmeal is a delicious and hearty food! Juicy on the inside and coated in a sweet and tangy meatloaf glaze. Perfect for cold nights!
Looking for gluten free meatloaf? Look no further! It is right here! Gluten free juicy and tender meatloaf with an incredible shiny glaze that makes this oatmeal meatloaf the star of any dinner.
Meatloaf with Oatmeal
I understand that some meatlovers (suffering from celiac disease) can’t enjoy my Best Meatloaf recipe, Stuffed Meatloaf or BBQ Meatloaf. Finally, a meatloaf recipe that is gluten free and comes out perfectly tender and juicy every time. You won’t be even able to say that this is a meatloaf without breadcrumbs. Filling, juicy and absolutely delicious!
how to make meatloaf with oatmeal
- This is a meatloaf without breadcrumbs, I use oats instead. Both rolled and quick oats will work well. They work as a binding agent in this recipe. Don’t be skeptical, I promise you won’t feel them in the cooked meatloaf.
- Grate or finely chop onion and garlic, this guarantees they will be well cooked and soft. Alternatively you can sauté them. But, for saving time, the first option is the best!
- Mix everything together in the same bowl to minimize clean up.
how to shape meatloaf into a loaf
There are a few methods:
- Transfer the meat mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and mould a loaf with your hands. I find it time-consuming because you should get the same thickness for even cooking.
- You can also bake it in a loaf pan. Personally I don’t like this method because it is not always easy to take it out after baking and the edges are always soggy.
- And if you love crispy edges, shape a meatloaf using a loaf pan, then turn it out onto the prepared baking tray/ grill skillet. This method guarantees that you will have the best of both worlds: evenly cooked meatloaf+ crispy edges.
This sweet and tangy glaze is easy to make. You will need:
- Tomato sauce/passata
- Dark brown sugar
- White vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Mustard powder
- Onion powder
- Crack pepper
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and pour half of the glaze over the meatloaf. Then add the remaining sauce during the baking. You can double the sauce and serve it later with mashed cauliflower or potatoes.
how long to cook meatloaf
Bake it in the preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 60 minutes, then remove from the oven, spread the remaining glaze and bake for another 15 minutes.
Once cooked, tent it with an aluminium foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Don’t skip this step, otherwise it may fall apart.
More Meatloaf recipes:
Cheeseburger meatloaf– will burst with cheese in every bite
Meatloaf with Ritz crackers– has an amazing buttery taste
If you make this meatloaf with oatmeal be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!