Crispy honey Orange Glazed Salmon is an easy and flavorful salmon recipe. Salmon fillets are pan seared and coated in the most amazing honey orange garlic sauce. The perfect salmon dinner that comes together in 20 minutes.
You are going to love the juicy salmon with crispy edges and the beautiful sauce.
Pan seared salmon
I love pan seared salmon because you get that perfect crispy salmon on the outside and tender on the inside. I am sure that most of you have tried pan seared salmon with lemon butter sauce. What about orange glaze? Yes, orange! Orange flavor pairs incredibly well with honey and salmon. You will love this sweet citrusy sauce on salmon. It is seriously a great recipe to include in your weekly menu.
How to pan sear salmon
Make sure to preheat your skillet. It should be really hot before you add the salmon.
- Melt butter or you can use vegetable oil or a combination of both.
- Sear salmon for 4 minutes or until golden brown and then flip. Sear further for 2-3 minutes or until crispy.
Sauce for pan seared salmon
To make the sauce you will need orange juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and honey.
- Push the salmon to the side of the skillet and add garlic with ginger. Cook for 30-40 seconds over medium heat or until fragrant.
- Pour in the orange juice and bring to a simmer. Stir in honey and soy sauce. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 seconds. The sauce will look like syrup.
- Use the tongs to move the salmon around and coat evenly with the sauce. You can double the recipe, if you need extra sauce to serve with rice.
Pan seared orange glazed salmon finished in oven
To get beautiful charred edges, you can finish orange glazed salmon in the oven. Grill or broil it in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Simply preheat the broiler while salmon is cooking on the stove. Make sure to use cast iron skillet or oven safe pan.
What to serve with orange glazed salmon
I love to serve this honey orange glazed salmon with a side of my Instant Pot rice. It takes 4 minutes to cook rice in instant pot. While you are searing salmon, your instant pot can cook perfectly fluffy rice. Steamed broccoli or roasted cauliflower are other excellent options.
Make this delicious yet very easy salmon recipe for your family to enjoy!
More salmon recipes
If you make this honey orange glazed salmon be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!