This spicy honey garlic salmon in foil is a quick and easy dinner. A whole side of salmon baked and broiled in a fantastic honey mustard sauce. A perfect salmon recipe for busy weeknights!
This recipe is a twist on my Honey Garlic Butter Salmon. If you can’t handle spicy food, you might want to check it.
I highly recommend to include salmon in your weekly menu because it is one of the most nutritious foods in the world. It is rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, protein, vitamins B and a good source of Potassium, everything what your body needs.
If you love both salmon and spicy food, this salmon recipe is a keeper. Perfectly seasoned salmon with a spicy honey garlic sauce will become your new favorite. Baking salmon in foil makes it incredibly tender, juicy and flaky. It will melt in your mouth. I also love to broil it for a few minutes for a crispy finish! But you can skip this step.
Spicy honey garlic sauce
You will fall in love with this spicy honey garlic sauce. The best part, it is very versatile and goes well with any chicken roast, carrots or shrimp. You will need simple ingredients to make it.
- Whole-grain mustard- provides pasty texture.
- Dijon mustard ( regular)
- Lemon juice – feel free to adjust the amount for your liking.
- Garlic cloves
- Red chili flakes– For a milder version, add 1/4 teaspoon instead of 1 teaspoon.
- Cayenne pepper
- Olive oil– you can substitute olive oil for unsalted butter.
Throw all the ingredients, mix and pour over the seasoned salmon!
how do you bake salmon in foil
Prepare a baking tray/ sheet by lining it with a large piece of aluminium foil. You will need a baking sheet with low sides for the air to circulate well in the oven. At the same time, it should not be flat without any sides, in case the sauce will leak out.
- Pat dry salmon and transfer on the prepared sheet. Once the spicy honey garlic sauce is ready, season salmon with ground black pepper and salt.
- Pour the sauce over the salmon and spread it with a spoon to cover every inch of salmon.
- Wrap salmon and bake for 15 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Remove from the oven and open the foil.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes for golden crispy finish.
how long to bake a whole salmon in foil
- 2.2 lbs (1 kg) side of salmon takes 15-16 minutes at 400 F (200 C) in the preheated oven.
- For a caramelised finish, broil salmon for further 2-3 minutes over medium.
- Don’t over bake or broil salmon! It will be DRY! Perfectly baked salmon is always juicy and flaky.
Side dishes for salmon
My personal favorite sides:
If you make this spicy honey garlic salmon be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!