Buttery sauteed mushrooms and onions are so good! It is a perfect side dish. Ready in less than 15 minutes. A great addition to steaks, burgers, soups or stews.
Mushrooms are sautéed with Worcestershire sauce that helps to caramelize them to a deep brown color and adds a fantastic flavor.
The Perfect Sauteed Mushrooms
Sauteed mushrooms and onions are a staple side dish in any steakhouse or restaurant. They add an amazing texture and flavour to dishes. I should admit that pan seared mushrooms are very easy to make in minutes, but there are some things that can take regular sautéed mushrooms from just good to extraordinary.
If you love mushrooms, we recommend to try our Garlic Mushrooms, Sautéed Mushrooms with Green Chili, Marinated Mushrooms or Stuffed Mushrooms. You can enjoy them for breakfast, serving on your toasts or as side dishes.
What You'll Need for Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions
- Butter: Unsalted butter should be your go-to for this recipe because Worcestershire sauce and addition of salt can take these sautéed mushrooms over the edge in saltiness.
- Mushrooms: You can use any mushrooms for this recipe. Cremini, button, oyster, chanterelles or procini will work well.
- Worcestershire sauce: It adds the flavor and helps to caramelize the mushrooms.
- Onion: Red or yellow will work well.
- Garlic: Make sure to grate the garlic using a microplane grater to avoid raw garlic in the dish.
- Rosemary: If you don’t like rosemary, feel free to substitute it with any herbs you have on hand.
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions
Cooking mushrooms and onions is simple and takes about 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce, season with pepper and cook until they start to turn brown (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add the onions and cook until they become translucent, about 4 minutes. Keep stirring every minute.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the garlic in the last minute, stirring continuously. Season with salt to your liking.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and enjoy!
Mushrooms and Onions For Steak And Burgers
There are so many ways to serve this dish! You can top your steak with these mushrooms and create an unforgettable steakhouse experience or make a gourmet burger.
Best Way to Clean Mushrooms
What is the best way to clean the dirt off mushrooms? You can remove the dirt with a brush, but it is quite laborious. Here is our favourite way to clean mushrooms:
Rinse them off, but don’t give a bath! To do it, place mushrooms in a colander and give a shower. It is an easy and quick method to clean off the dirt of mushrooms and it guarantees that they won’t get waterlogged.
Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions Video
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.