The best Mushroom Fried Rice ever! Quick and easy to make. Fried Rice with mushrooms, green chili, bell peppers and a good kick of garlic. Better than any take out for a fraction of the price!
Why to spend more when you can make the best fried rice at home, fragrant and fluffy that tastes like Indo-Chinese fried rice. It is a great recipe when you have leftover Instant Pot Jasmine rice or Instant Pot basmati rice.
Fried rice is one of the most popular Chinese dishes around the world. The best part about it is that you can make it at home and use whatever you like. I am a huge mushroom lover, and I try to add them to stews, soups, chicken dishes and fried rice. Mushrooms make it so good. Once you try it, you won’t order any take out!
There are so many recipes in the internet that call only for soy sauce as a flavor base. However, I found that a few other ingredients like oyster sauce and toasted sesame oil provide the authentic Chinese taste.
Fried rice ingredients
- Cooked rice – white long grain or jasmine rice work well. Day old rice guarantees that it won’t be mushy. But, even fresh cooked Instant Pot rice works the same because it is usually cooked with less water and as a result it is much less sticky than stove cooked rice.
- Vegetable oil
- Ginger and garlic cloves
- Green chili- if you can’t tolerate the heat, leave them out.
- Green bell pepper – you can use any veggies.
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted sesame oil- a seasoning oil with an intense nutty aroma that adds so much flavor. Always add it at the very end of cooking as it has lower smoke point. Regular sesame oil has almost no flavor and good for frying. Alternatively you can substitute vegetable oil for PLAIN sesame oil if you wish.
- Oyster Sauce
- Soy sauce- I recommend to use low sodium soy sauce.
- Black pepper sauce- you can leave it out, but I like how much flavor it adds to mushroom fried rice.
How to make fried rice
Fried rice is the easiest dish you can make! Even if you are new to cooking, you will cook it like a pro.
First, heat vegetable oil in large a wok or skillet. When it is hot, add onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic, green chili and ginger and cook until fragrant.
Next, add the mushrooms and bell peppers and cook until tender.
Finally, add the cooked rice and mix.
In a bowl mix oyster sauce, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce and black pepper sauce. Stir in the mixture into the fried rice.
Garnish with cilantro and black sesame seeds.
Love fried rice? Try these!
If you like this Mushroom Fried Rice be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!