Vegan Tofu Fried rice is hearty, easy, quick and delicious. Loaded with mushrooms, red pepper, holy basil, onion and crispy tofu. Perfect for a lunch or dinner. If you are craving Chinese takeout, make this flavorful and quick tofu fried rice today! I guarantee you will truly feel like you are eating a restaurant meal. Vegan & Gluten free.
WHICH RICE TO USE FOR FRIED RICE
Who doesn’t want to make fried rice that tastes as good as it does at your favorite Chinese or Thai restaurant? The key ingredient is rice. Any long grain white rice cooked and cooled overnight will work really well for this recipe. I prefer to use Thai jasmine rice. I love its popcorn-like aroma and nutty flavor.
If you have an Instant Pot ,you don’t even need to cook and cool rice ahead of time. I cooked it in my Instant Pot and it took only 4 minutes, the recipe you will find here INSTANT POT JASMINE RICE IN 4 MIN.
I don’t advise to use freshly steamed rice on the stove, you will end with moist, mushy and sticky fried rice.
Remove the tofu from its packaging, dice it, season with salt and fry until golden 2-3 minutes per side over medium high heat. Tofu cubes are cooked when they are crispy and golden brown. You can marinate tofu cubes in soy sauce (I skipped this step).
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS VEGAN FRIED RICE
- Jasmine rice-Jasmine rice works the best for this recipe, but you can use any long-grain white rice like Basmati (they produce distinct firm grains and you get fluffy rice).
- Firm tofu holds its shape really well and ideal for pan-frying.
- Yellow Onion is best for frying.
- Garlic cloves
- Mushrooms- You can use any mushrooms ( Crimini mushrooms or Portobello mushrooms will work well).
- Red bell pepper-I recommend to use red bell pepper as it has sweeter, fruitier flavor than green pepper. Its sweetness contributes to holy basil.
- Green chili
- Holy basil leaves. Thai basil leaves is an ideal choice, but even holy basil leaves will work fine)
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Vegetable oil
HOW TO MAKE TOFU FRIED RICE RECIPEPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
OTHER FRIED FRIED RICE RECIPE