Roasted cauliflower with tahini is a healthy and easy to make dinner side. Crispy oven-roasted cauliflower florets with caramelized onion are shockingly delicious and bursting with Middle Eastern flavors. Serve it with a flavorful tahini sauce. Paleo and keto-friendly!
Roasted cauliflower recipe
This oven roasted cauliflower with tahini is simple and very versatile. Cauliflower florets are baked to crisp-tender and served with an incredible tahini sauce. You can serve it as a side dish or transform it into a summer salad. Customize the seasoning with what you have on hand or use zaatar for authentic Middle Eastern flavors.
The recipe was inspired by my Roasted Cauliflower. Be sure to check it out!
How to roast Cauliflower
It is a simple recipe. This roasted cauliflower will be on your table in 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper for easier clean-up.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place on the tray.
- Season with zaatar, paprika and salt. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat. Scatter sliced onion.
- Bake cauliflower for 20 minutes or until it is tender and crispy. The baking time may vary depending on the size of cauliflower florets.
The best seasoning for roasted cauliflower with tahini
You can use any seasoning on hand. If you really crave something extra special, here are the seasonings I love most for this recipe:
- Zaatar: It is a Middle Eastern spice mix. It brings out flavors of foods. I absolutely love it!
- Paprika: It adds color and flavor.
- Salt: I like Himalayan salt.
How long to bake cauliflower
The cooking time for roasted cauliflower will vary depending on the size and thickness of cauliflower pieces and desired tenderness.
- Average cauliflower florets take 15-20 minutes.
- Larger pieces – 20-25 minutes.
Air fryer roasted cauliflower
The oven and air fryer methods are healthy and quick. For the air fryer method , air fry cauliflower for 10-15 minutes at 375 F (190 C) until golden. Be sure to flip every 5 minutes.
Making roasted cauliflower with tahini ahead of time
- Prep: Cut cauliflower into florets, place in an airtight container and refrigerate 3 days ahead. Prepare tahini sauce and keep in a fridge as well.
- Cook: If you plan to use this roasted cauliflower in a salad with tahini dressing, bake it and allow to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
- Reheat: For reheating the cauliflower, use oven, air fryer or microwave. Heat until warm through.
Perfect roasted cauliflower (tips)
- Toss the cauliflower with other ingredients on the tray. This guarantees oil and seasonings are equally distributed among the florets.
- Preheat your oven. You will need to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). This ensures that caramelization process starts right away.
- Don’t overcrowd the tray. Be sure to use a large baking tray not to overcrowd the veggies, they will not get caramelized evenly. Spread the florets in a single layer.
More delicious cauliflower recipes
If you make this roasted cauliflower with tahini be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!