Creamy, rich, flavorful and cheesy Italian Shrimp Alfredo is a comfort food at its best. It will be on the table in 30 minutes & everyone will love it!
No doubts or hesitations, this is just the kind of recipe you’ll be happy to find and here’s why.
First of all, it’s very easy and fast to cook (it won’t take longer than half an hour, seriously!) and at the same time restaurant-quality impressive dish that will make your dinner special. Even if it’s not for a special occasion, shrimp alfredo is an occasion itself! And one more thing – it tastes divine!
The classical Italian recipe dates back to 1920s when it was introduced in Rome by restaurateur Alfredo di Lello. His famous Fettuccine Alfredo combined fettucini with heavy cream, butter sauce & Parmesan, and just a pinch of salt and pepper to emphasize its rich taste. Since then it has become very popular in Europe and the USA. Today it is used not only with fettucini, but for veggies and many other recipes.
My version is rather classical Italian-American shrimp alfredo with the delicate creamy Alfredo sauce, juicy shrimps and selected pasta that is a perfectly delicious dinner for any day of the week. So, don’t be surprised when you find out that it’s a favorite way of cooking pasta for so many people.
Although there are different variations of the dish with vegetables and garlic or chicken, my choice is shrimp alfredo. Not only because shrimps are easy to cook (and if they are already peeled the whole thing will just take 20 minutes), but because it makes the dish amazingly delicious adding fresh seafood flavor that everyone will surely love! And aroma that will call everyone to the table before you even serve.
But, of course, the key ingredient that makes it so yummy is creamy Alfredo sauce. Most of you find cooking Alfredo sauce difficult and challenging but I assure you, it’s the best and the easiest homemade sauce ever. So instead of buying a jar of ready one, try this super easy shrimp Alfredo recipe of just 4 ingredients and don’t miss the chance to impress everyone with your cooking skills. Easily make it dreamy-creamy, thick and as spicy as you love. I promise you will never come back to the jarred alfredo sauce. You can use this sauce not only with pasta but as a dip.
Before you start cooking consider also these essential tips to make the best Alfredo sauce ever!
- First of all, make sure that all your ingredients are fresh. Only fresh Parmesan and fresh cream.
- Secondly, it’s preferable not to use pre-grated Parmesan cheese. It will not give you the desired intensity and freshness of taste. Better grate Parmesan at home yourself right before you use it.
- Looking for something really special – use original Italian Parmigiano, which is a little bit more expensive but definitely worth it!
- Make sure not to turn your heat to the maximum while making the sauce, otherwise, the cheese will not melt smoothly and can become stringy.
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP ALFREDO FROM SCRATCHPrint
- Fettuccine or tortellini pasta- 300 gm
- FOR SHRIMP
- Shrimp (peeled and deveined) - 1 kg
- Unsalted butter- 1 tbsp
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 2
- ALFREDO SAUCE
- Whipping cream- 1 ½ cup
- Unsalted butter - 2 tbsp
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese- ⅔ cup + additional for serving
- Whole nutmeg ( grated)- ¼ tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper- 1 tsp
- FOR GARNISH
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese- as needed
- Parsley chiffonade- 1 tbsp
- PASTA: cook fettuccine or tortellini pasta in salted water as per package instructions and drain. Don't rinse this will help sauce stick to pasta better.
- SHRIMP: Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a medium skillet that will accommodate all the shrimp. Fry the minced garlic until lightly brown. Add all the shrimp, pinch of salt & lemon juice. Cook the shrimp 2 minutes or until they are no longer translucent. Don't overcook or they will be rubbery. Transfer the shrimp to a plate & pour the liquid from the shrimp into a large saucepan.
- Bring to boil. Add the whipping cream, 2 tsp of butter, salt ground black pepper. Turn on the heat to medium, and cook for less than a minute, just until the sauce have thickened a little bit. Turn off the heat. Now it is Alfredo sauce.
- Transfer the drained pasta to the saucepan with Alfredo sauce. Turn on the heat to low, and toss to coat the pasta thoroughly.
- Add the cooked shrimp, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg & black pepper. Toss again until the fettuccine/ tortellini are well coated.
- Adjust salt & pepper and garnish with the parsley chiffonade.
- Serve immediately with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy !
- Category: Pasta recipes/Seafood
- Cuisine: Italian
Delicious Shrimp Alfredo just in 30 minutes.Try & share your experience!
Leave a Reply