Spanish-style Romesco Sauce is absolutely amazing and super versatile! It is a thick mixture of homemade jarred roasted peppers, toasted hazelnuts, sherry vinegar,smoked paprika and honey . It's perfect for BBQ, with meat, fish or veggies.
WHAT IS ROMESCO SAUCE?
It is a Spanish sauce made with jarred roasted red peppers, olive oil, garlic, and nuts. Originally from the Catalonia.
WHAT ARE JARRED RED PEPPERS?
Jarred red peppers are usually roasted, peeled, seeded and preserved in olive oil or acid water. You can buy a jar from your local supermarket or you can make the best homemade roasted red Peppers right in your oven.
Making homemade roasted red bell peppers is surprisingly easy.
HOW TO ROAST RED PEPPERS?
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F/240 C.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the stems, seeds and membranes.
- Place the rack in the center of the oven and roast peppers for about 40 minutes or until charred.
- Allow peppers to cool and then peel the skins off .
- Transfer to a jar with olive oil and refrigerate.
- You can store them up to 3 days.
INGREDIENTS FOR ROMESCO SAUCE
- Red bell peppers
- White bread
- Smoked paprika
This sauce is so Versatile! Use it it with fish, meat, veggies, eggs , as a dip , pesto , with BBQ. The list is endless.
HOW TO MAKE ROMESCO SAUCEPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE