This is the best basil pesto butter! It has all the flavors of basil pesto and perfect on everything from salmon and steak to bread. You are going to love it!
I love this basil pesto butter, it’s so versatile and delicious on everything.
All you need to make it is butter, basil leaves, garlic, parmesan cheese, nuts and lemon juice. It is a fantastic condiment that will bring your salmon, mashed potatoes or steak to a whole new level.
You can serve it in a bowl or shape into a log and serve it sliced. Whatever you put this basil pesto butter on, it will melt and fill your kitchen with the fantastic smell of basil.
Basil Pesto Butter ingredients
To make this pesto butter, you will need:
- Basil leaves: The recipe calls for basil, but you can use any herbs like cilantro, parsley or even arugula leaves.
- Parmesan cheese
- Butter: Use unsalted and softened butter.
- Nuts: You will need 2 tablespoons for this recipe. Walnuts, pine nuts, pecans or almonds will work well. I prefer to use toasted nuts.
- Garlic: Please don’t substitute raw garlic with garlic powder.
- Lemon juice: It is a secret ingredient that makes this butter extra delicious.
How to make pesto butter
Pesto butter is a great addition to any meal and is so easy to make at home. Once you try it, it will become an everyday staple. Spread on toasts or melt and drizzle on poultry and seafood. I also love to top steak with a slice of this pesto butter and watch it melt. It infuses the flavour of basil into the meat.
If you have lots of basil leaves sitting in your fridge, it will be a fantastic way to preserve them. So let’s dive in the process!
- I usually use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in my food. Keep it at room temperature for a while to soften.
- In a food processor mix together all the ingredients except butter. Process until blended but still has some texture. Add the butter and continue processing until well combined, about 20 seconds. Transfer to a bowl.
How long does pesto butter last
Pesto butter will last about 7-10 days in the fridge. Alternatively, you can freeze it for 5-6 months. I recommend to make a log, slice it and freeze individual slices. You will have individual pieces to add to any meal.
How to roll butter into a log
- Transfer the prepared pesto butter onto a 7-8 inch (17-20 cm) wide piece of plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Shape the butter into a log using a spatula or spoon.
- Fold one side of plastic wrap or wax paper over the butter log and roll gently. Twist the ends to seal. Refrigerate until firm.
- Unroll and slice into ¼-1/2 inch thick pieces before serving.
Other Recipes you’ll love:
If you make this basil pesto butter be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!