Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken is an effortless pressure cooker chicken recipe. An easy and quick restaurant style dinner with just a few simple ingredients.
Perfectly browned chicken pieces are swimming in a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce. This teriyaki sauce is much better than any store-bought. Plus it comes together in a flash.
This Teriyaki Chicken recipe is perfect for hectic days when you don’t have energy to cook and need a dish that can be made in an instant. No wonder that Teriyaki chicken is one of the most popular chicken recipes around the world. It is super-fast, easy to make and absolutely delicious! I am sure you will crave it again and again.
The recipe was inspired by my Salmon Teriyaki that comes together in 20 minutes.
how to make teriyaki chicken
You will need just a handful of ingredients to make this amazing Instant Pot teriyaki chicken.
- Chicken breasts: Use chicken breasts or chicken thighs. But chicken thighs are juicier.
- Vegetable oil
- Low-sodium soy sauce: Please use a light soy sauce to reduce the sodium.
- Light brown sugar: You can substitute sugar with honey.
- Rice vinegar: If you don’t have it on hand, use any white vinegar.
- Sesame oil: Make sure to use regular sesame oil (not toasted one). Toasted oil is good for finishing not cooking. You can always add an extra tablespoon of toasted sesame oil at the very end for rich toasty taste.
- Red chili flakes: This is an optional ingredient. If you can't bear spicy food, leave it out.
- Ginger and garlic: Mince both garlic and ginger to get a smooth sauce.
- Corn starch: Use only if needed.
Start by sautéing chicken in instant pot. If you plan to double the recipe, saute the chicken in batches to avoid over-crowding and simmering in its own juices.
While chicken is cooking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce except corn flour.
When the chicken is nicely browned, pour in the sauce and give a stir to coat all the pieces evenly.
Pressure cook chicken for 3 minutes and remove from the sauce.
Again choose the “Sauté” mode and bring the sauce to a simmer. Stir in the corn flour (mixed with water). Once the sauce thickened, return the chicken back. Garnish with spring onions.
How to serve the Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
Personally I prefer to serve it over Instant Pot Jasmin rice or basmati rice. For a higher fiber content, serve over brown rice. Steamed broccoli, cauliflower rice or cauliflower mash are great low-carb options.
Can I use frozen chicken in instant pot?
Absolutely! If you forgot to thaw the chicken, Instant pot is the right equipment for you! Simply skip the browning step. Place the frozen chicken in the instant pot, pour the sauce over it and pressure cook for 12 minutes on High” instead of 3 minutes. Make sure to adjust the time! You can also check the internal temperature, using a meat thermometer. It should reach 165 F (75 C).
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
If you make this instant pot teriyaki chicken be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!