This ground chicken stir fry is quick, easy and so delicious! Better than takeout! It is loaded with ground chicken, veggies and the most fantastic sweet and savory sauce.
Ready in less than 30 minutes and will impress your family with its incredible flavors. Perfect for busy weeknights!
Chicken Stir Fry
“Stir-fry” stands actually for any dish cooked at a very high heat and involves lots of stirring to prevent food from burning. You can add whatever you have in the fridge. The options are seriously endless. We love kale+basil+ mushrooms combo. Yum!
If you are looking for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner, this stir fry is a great option! It is ready in under 30 minutes and made in one skillet. Clean-up will be a breeze.
This stir fry will become your new favorite ground chicken recipe. It is so easy to make and you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
Ground Chicken Stir Fry Ingredients
To make it, you will need ground chicken, mushrooms, kale, basil leaves, green bell pepper, garlic, ginger, onion, red chili flakes, salt and oil for frying.
Any great stir fry has protein, veggies and sauce.
- Protein: You can use ground chicken breasts or thighs. For vegan stir fry, substitute chicken with tofu.
- Vegetables: We love aromatic basil leaves, healthy vibrant kale, mushrooms, onion and bell pepper. But asparagus, green beans or cabbage will work really well.
- Sauce: It is a very simple starchy sauce and most of the ingredients you most probably have. Sweet and savory, rich and sticky; we are in love with it!
The recipe is customizable, you can tailor it to your personal preference. If you don’t like kale, use spinach or broccoli. Adjust the amount of red chili flakes for your liking too.
How Do You Make Chicken Stir Fry?
Stir fry couldn’t be easier, but there is a very important rule. You need to cook chicken and veggies separately. Meat takes longer to be cooked than veggies. This method prevents veggies from overcooking. Let’s dive in! Here’s how to make it:
- Start with the sauce. In a medium bowl combine chicken broth, water, soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok or pan over MEDIUM HIGH heat. Because we are working with ground chicken, high heat will make it dry.
- Once the pan is hot, add chicken. If your wok is small, cook it in batches. Don’t overcrowd the pan much because the chicken will release lots of liquid and you won’t get nicely browned chicken pieces. Once it is cooked through and crispy, transfer to a plate.
- Add some oil. Increase the heat! You want your wok almost smoking. Once the oil is hot add all the veggies. Keep stirring until they start blistering. Watch your wok, the veggies should not get burnt.
- Return the chicken. Toss everything with the stir fry sauce and the dinner is ready! We like to serve this chicken stir fry with our Instant Pot Jasmine Rice.
What can I serve with this ground chicken stir fry?
It is so good that you can enjoy it on its own or serve with your favourite side dish. Here are some options:
Love stir fry? Try These!!!
Easy Shrimp Stir Fry-15 minute delicious shrimp dish.
Vegetable Stir Fry-a classic.
Beef Stir Fry Recipe-another easy weeknight dinner.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!