This ground chicken stir fry is quick, easy and so delicious! Better than takeout! It is loaded with ground chicken, veggies and the most fantastic sweet and savory sauce.
For Ground Chicken Stir Fry
- Vegetable oil- 3 tablespoons, plus extra 2-3 tablespoons for frying veggies
- Ground chicken ( breasts or thighs)-2 lbs ( 1 kg)
- Red chili flakes– 1/2 teaspoon
- Mushrooms (sliced)-10 oz (300 g)
- Basil leaves- 2 cups
- Kale leaves (stems removed, leaves thinly sliced crosswise)-10 oz (300 g)
- Green bell pepper (cubed)-1
- Garlic cloves ( minced)-4-5
- Ginger (minced)-1 1/2 tablespoons
- Onion (cubed)-1
- Salt as needed
Stir Fry Sauce
- Chicken broth- 1/2 cup
- Water-1/4 cup
- Soy sauce-1/4 cup
- Oyster sauce-2 tablespoons
- Brown sugar- 1 tablespoon
- Cornstarch-1 tablespoon
- Grind the chicken using a meat grinder or stand mixer with grinder. Cut the veggies.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients for the stir fry sauce. Keep aside.
- In a large wok or pan heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add ground chicken and cook until browned. Once it is cooked, transfer to a plate. Keep aside.
- Increase the heat to high. Heat the wok until almost smoking. Add some extra oil to the wok with mushrooms, garlic, ginger, kale, pepper, onion, and basil leaves. Season with red chili flakes and salt. Cook until vegetables are tender but crisp, stirring continuously. Add the chicken back.
- Pour the sauce into the wok, mix everything and cook until the sauce thickens .
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice. Enjoy!
You need to cook chicken and veggies separately. Meat takes longer to be cooked than veggies. This prevents veggies from overcooking.
You can store the leftovers for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 529.78kcal
- Sugar: 7.87g
- Sodium: 951mg
- Fat: 30.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 21.41g
- Fiber: 4.83g
- Protein: 47.7g
- Cholesterol: 195.64mg
Keywords: stir fry, ground chicken recipes