This Banana Pancake Recipe is seriously the BEST. Fluffy, light and loaded with tons of ripe bananas. Get yourself ready for a simple yet incredibly delicious breakfast! Easy to make!
Top them with fried banana slices, fresh blueberries and drizzle with peanut butter or maple syrup for the phenomenal breakfast.
If you love banana bread or banana flavour, then you are at the right place. These banana pancakes are packed with banana flavor like homemade Banana bread, quick and easy to make. I am sure they will become your weekend staple!
Let’s whip up a batch of the fluffiest and delicious pancakes for your family.
Banana Pancake recipe ingredients
To make these pancakes you will need:
- All-purpose flour-You can replace it with all-purpose gluten free flour.
- Baking powder & soda- The secret to fluffy banana pancakes is using baking soda, powder and yogurt.
- Ground cinnamon-If you don’t like cinnamon, simply leave it out.
- Sugar-The recipe calls for white sugar, however you can use brown sugar or honey for healthy pancakes.
- Large ripe bananas- Make sure to use ripe bananas. Mash bananas before adding to the batter.
- Yogurt-Regular or Greek yogurt will work well.
- Milk-Use whatever you have on hand: low fat, almond or soya milk.
- Vegetable oil- I prefer to use oil, but you can substitute it with butter.
- Vanilla extract
- Large egg- It makes pancakes airy and fluffy. So don’t leave it out!
How to make Banana Pancakes
- Dry ingredients-Combine all the dry ingredients: the flour, cinnamon, sugar, salt, baking soda and powder. Keep aside.
- Wet ingredients-Combine all the wet ingredients: the mashed bananas, vanilla extract, egg, yogurt, milk and vegetable oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until just combined. There might be a few lumps, which is fine.
- Cook the pancakes in a non-stick pan or electrical griddle. Preheat it over medium heat. Spray with a cooking spray or grease with melted butter. Drop ¼ cup of batter onto the preheated pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bubble start forming all over the surface, flip the pancake and cook further for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Banana Pancake Recipe Tips
I am a huge pancake lover and have been making pancakes over the years. Here are some tips.
- Do not overmix the batter. When you combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, mix until JUST incorporated. It is fine to have a few lumps. Overmixing will make your pancakes rubbery due to gluten development. This is also the reason why I never use my electrical mixer to make pancake batter.
- Don’t grease the pan/griddle much. It is wrong to fry them. Use a paper towel or cooking spray for greasing the pan. Always wipe off the excess oil.
- Use griddle: If you have a griddle, use it! It is the best for pancakes because it provides even heat and the temperature stays constant.
- Flip pancakes only when you see bubbles start forming all over the surface. Use a spatula for flipping.
How to serve banana pancakes
Personally I love to serve them with caramelized banana slices, granola and hot peanut butter. But maple syrup is always a good choice. Other serving ideas:
- Fresh berries
- Whipped cream
- Condensed milk
- Melted butter
To make caramelized banana slices, preheat a non stick pan. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and cook banana slices until caramelized, about 4-5 minutes. Top pancakes and enjoy!
More Pancake Recipes:
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes- bursting with fresh blueberries
Fluffiest Buttermilk Pancakes- ultra fluffy and ready in 25 minutes
Buckwheat pancakes- gluten free pancakes
Syrniki- made of cottage cheese
Scallion pancakes- loaded with scallions
If you like this banana pancake recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!