Super moist and easy Banana bread recipe with walnuts! It has amazingly soft crumb, brown sugar flavors and bursts with walnuts in every bite. It is a one bowl banana bread recipe. Perfect for breakfast or lunch!
Healthy Banana Bread
This is no fail recipe for healthy and moist banana bread! It contains no butter, eggs and made of wholemeal spelt flour that is a great source of fiber and nutrients like zinc and iron. Simply replacing all-purpose flour with spelt flour can improve your digestion and heart health. This bread is also loaded with walnuts which are nutrient-rich. It is always good to consume a few walnuts per day.
If you are a huge fan of banana bread, this recipe is definitely worth trying. Have some ripe bananas? Give a try to this delicious banana bread recipe with walnuts today!
Ingredients for Banana Walnut Bread
To make this banana bread you will need:
- Bananas should not be yellow. Black bananas work the best! The darker the better for baking.
- Vegetable oil- I usually use canola or coconut oil.
- Yogurt makes this banana bread even moister. For a vegan banana bread, use coconut yogurt.
- Walnuts- you can substitute walnuts with pecans.
- Milk- both full fat and low fat milk will work well.
- Brown sugar has a deep caramel flavor due to the added molasses. It affects the bread color and texture. You can use white sugar too, but keep in mind, that it is sweeter that brown sugar. You might need to add only ¾ cup.
- Apple vinegar
- Wholemeal spelt flour - you can usually find it in the organic section of your local supermarket.
- Baking powder & soda
- Ground cinnamon
How to Make Banana Bread
This is an easy one-bowl bread recipe. You don’t need fancy equipment and a stand mixer.
- First, place bananas into a large bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add sugar and all wet ingredients. Combine, using the same fork.
- Then, add all the dry ingredients and chopped walnuts. Mix JUST to combine.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 at 350°F (177°C).
How to store banana bread
I don’t recommend to store this banana bread in the fridge. As this bread tends to become dry because the fridge circulates cool air that dries the moisture from the bread. Instead, cool the bread completely. Wrap it with a plastic and store on your counter for 3-4 days.
How to Freeze Banana Bread
Banana bread freezes really well. Cool it completely. Then, wrap the whole loaf or individual slices with plastic (make 2-3 layers).
Put them into an airtight container or freezer bag. Write the date on the bag and freeze up to 3-4 months. I highly recommend to freeze the slices because it is much easier to thaw them for breakfast or lunch.
Love bananas? Try these!!
Banana cake- a perfect cake for special occasions
If you make this banana bread recipe with walnuts be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!