This Banana Nut Bread is super moist and loaded with mashed ripe bananas, toasted walnuts, cinnamon and butterscotch morsels. It is so tender, moist and airy. Perfect for weekend breakfasts!
If you have overripe bananas, it is time to make this classic American comfort food. Have a look also at Gluten Free Almond flour banana bread or Banana cake for special occasions. They are delicious!
BANANA NUT BREAD RECIPE
I love banana bread! And banana nut bread is one of my favorite types of banana bread. The recipe calls for simple ingredients that you might have in your kitchen. No fancy equipment! You will need only a few measuring cups and bowls. Make it today and fill the house with warmth and aroma of delicious homemade bread! Yum!
WHAT GOES IN BANANA NUT BREAD?
- Banana: You will need ripe bananas that are black and not yellow, they are usually spotty. The darker bananas the more flavorful banana bread will be. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as too ripe bananas when it comes to making banana bread.
- Ghee/ butter: Both ghee and butter will work well, but ghee has a very pure butter flavor which I love in baking goods. I recommend to try making this banana nut bread with ghee as the result is seriously good!
- Nuts: I prefer to use walnuts or pecan nuts, but any kids of nuts will work. Make sure to toast them, it will add depth to flavor.
- Butterscotch Morsels: It is a perfect addition to this banana bread. But you can substitute them for chocolate chips or leave them out.
- Dark brown sugar: I highly recommend to use dark or light brown sugar because it is naturally moist and, as a result, banana bread will be moister and tender. If you don’t have it, substitute for white sugar in a one-to-one ratio.
- Cream cheese: It makes this banana nut bread very soft. Sour cream can be used as well.
- All-purpose flour: For gluten free banana bread, use all-purpose gluten free flour or check Almond flour banana bread recipe.
- Cinnamon: I know that some people hate cinnamon. If you one of them, simply leave it out.
- Baking soda: It helps bread to rise.
How to Make Banana Nut Bread
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt).
- Mash bananas with a fork and then add the remaining ingredients. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with banana slices. Bake for 60-65 minutes.
Tips for Super Moist Banana Bread
- The key ingredient for perfect banana bread is bananas. You can’t grab any bananas in your kitchen and start baking. Use super ripe bananas. They give so much texture and flavor to this bread.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a separate bowl before combining with other ingredients. This guarantees a smooth batter without banana chunks.
- Bring all the ingredients to room temperature before mixing.
- Use ghee for super buttery taste.
Does Banana Nut Bread Need to be Refregirated?
No! To keep banana nut bread moist and fresh, store it in an airtight container for 4-5 days in a cool place. There is no need to refrigerate it. However, you may need to keep bread in the fridge in summer when it is hot to prevent from fermentation after a few days.
Other bread recipes
If you make banana nut bread be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!