Almond Flour Banana Bread is seriously the best banana bread! It will melt in your mouth and become your favorite banana bread. Made with ripe bananas, almond flour, eggs, sweetened with honey and flavored with cinnamon and nutmeg. It is incredibly moist, fluffy and super easy to make. Keto, gluten free and paleo.
Even though it is gluten free, it tastes better than classic Banana Bread. If you have a sweet tooth or looking for a birthday cake, try Banana Cake. It is absolutely delicious!
Banana Bread Recipe with Almond Flour
There are so many different gluten free flours in supermarkets nowadays. But I recommend almond flour for this recipe. I don’t have celiac disease, but I prefer to make it with almond flour because you will get the tastiest banana bread ever. I know some people make banana bread with rice flour, chickpea flour, oat flour or coconut flour. But believe me, they simply have never tried banana bread made of almond flour. It is the BEST! Almond flour gives an amazing nutty flavor and texture. The flavor goes incredibly well with cinnamon, bananas and nutmeg. In terms of texture, you won’t be able to say that there is not flour in the bread. It will be a hit at any party!
Ingredients for Banana Bread
- Ripe bananas: I recommend to use ripe bananas for any banana bread because they are sweeter, more aromatic and flavourful. It is also easier to mash them which means they incorporate better in the batter. If you want to get a distinct banana flavour, go with over-ripe bananas.
- Honey: I love substitute sugar for honey in baking for paleo and keto recipes. Maple or date syrups will work well too.
- Eggs: I used 2 large eggs. You can use 3 small eggs instead. Bring eggs to room temperature before adding them into the batter. Room temperature eggs mix better with other ingredients. Cold eggs affect the baking time.
- Almond flour: Use almond flour for keto and gluten free bread. It gives nutty aroma and a great texture.
- Vegetable oil: Any vegetable oil will work whether it is coconut oil or sunflower oil.
- Cinnamon & nutmeg: Usually bananas go well with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and cardamom.
- Vanilla extract: Look at vanilla extract as salt for sweet goods. If you don’t want your banana bread tastes bland, add 1 tsp.
- Baking soda & powder: They will help your bread to rise while baking.
How to make Almond Banana Bread
Let’s have a look how to make the best Keto & GF banana bread. It is easier than you think.
- First, prepare a loaf pan, line the bottom with parchment paper and spray the sides with a non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mash bananas using a fork, then add all the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Next, add all the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. If you plan to add chocolate chips or nuts, add at this point.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan, top with banana slices and brush them with honey.
- Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick /tester inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes, take out from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to store Almond flour Banana Bread?
Cover this bread with plastic wrap tightly before storing. You can store it up to 4 days in the fridge. I recommend to transfer it to a freezer after 4 days.
How to freeze Banana Bread?
It freezes really well. Again wrap it with plastic or foil and keep in an airtight container for up to 3 months. You can also slice bread before freezing. Thaw at room temperature before eating.
Tips for making Banana Bread
- The top is getting too brown: Cover loosely with aluminium foil for the last 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely: As this bread is made of almond flour, it is very delicate when it is hot/warm. Allow bread to cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Once it is completely cool, you can slice it and serve.
If you make this Almond Flour Banana Bread be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
More bread recipes:
ALMOND FLOUR BANANA BREADPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
OTHER CAKES RECIPES