Banana Blueberry Muffins are super moist and loaded with fresh blueberries. Bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lots of berries make these muffins incredibly flavorful, fruity and moist.
It is a perfect breakfast that comes together in less than 30 minutes!If you like the fruitiness of blueberry muffins and that moist texture of banana bread, this recipe is for you! It has the best of both worlds!
Banana Blueberry Muffin Recipe
This recipe is ridiculously easy and perfect for a quick family breakfast! If you have some ripe bananas sitting in your kitchen, use them in this easy muffin recipe instead of baking banana bread. You are going to love these super MOIST muffins!! But be careful! They are very addictive and 1 muffin is never enough.
If you are looking for information how to make classic blueberry muffins moist, I highly recommend to try adding ripe bananas. Muffins turn out to be very moist!
Blueberry Muffins with Frozen Blueberries
The recipe calls for fresh blueberries, however even frozen blueberries will work really well. Don’t defrost them before adding to the batter. And bake muffins 22-25 minutes instead of 19-20 minutes.
Another thing to consider is that frozen blueberries usually discolor the batter, but this doesn’t affect the taste or texture of muffins.
How to Make Banana Blueberry Muffins
Breakfast will be a breeze with these homemade banana blueberry muffins! It is very easy to make them.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Fold in fresh blueberries.
- Top with crumble and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Blueberry Muffins with Crumble Topping
What can be better than blueberry muffins? Only blueberry muffins with crumble topping! I am serious, guys! Don’t skip it! You will need just three ingredients to make this crumble.
- ½ cup of sugar (I used light brown sugar, but even granulated white sugar works well)
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of butter ( softened)
Mix just until combined. Sprinkle on the top of each cup with muffin batter.
How to Store Blueberry Muffins?
Allow muffins to cool completely, transfer to an airtight container and store up to 6-7 days in the fridge.
How to Freeze Blueberry Muffins?
These muffins freeze really well. Once they are cooled, place them in an airtight container or individual airtight freezer bags and freeze for 3-4 months. When ready to use, thaw them overnight in the fridge or on the counter for a few hours. Warm them up in the microwave.
More delicious muffin recipes:
If you make these Banana Blueberry Muffins be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
Banana Blueberry MuffinsPrint
BANANA BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12
Banana Blueberry Muffins are super moist and loaded with fresh blueberries. Bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lots of berries make these muffins incredibly flavorful, fruity and moist. A perfect breakfast that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- All-purpose flour- 1 ½ cup
- Light brown sugar- ½ cup
- Baking powder- 1 tsp.
- Baking Soda-1 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon- ½ tsp.
- Nutmeg-⅛ tsp.
- Salt-¼ tsp.
- Ripe bananas- 1 cup
- Vegetable oil- ½ cup
- Large egg-1
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp.
- Fresh blueberries- 1 ½ cup, plus more for topping if needed
- White chocolate pieces- 12
CRUMB TOPPING FOR MUFFINS
- Light brown sugar- ½ cup
- All-purpose flour- ½ cup
- Unsalted butter (softened)-3 tbsp.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F ( 190 °C) with the rack in the middle of the oven. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Alternatively you can can spray them with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together dry ingredients ( all-purpose flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder) in a large bowl. Keep aside.
- In another large bowl mash ripe banana with a fork. Combine mashed bananas, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Add to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Don't overmix!
- Finally, gently fold in fresh blueberries, using a silicon spatula.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffins and add a piece of white chocolate into each muffin cup, pushing it down. Keep aside.
- To make the crumble, mix together light brown sugar, butter and flour. Don't overmix! The mixture should be crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on the top of each cup with muffin batter.
- Bake for 19-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Enjoy with Dalgona coffee, almond milk or horchata.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Muffin recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 312 kcal
- Sugar: 24 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 14 mg
Keywords: banana blueberry muffins, blueberry muffins, muffins
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Leave a Reply