If you're a fan of shrimp recipes, these shrimp cakes are a must-try! They're juicy, tender, and packed with flavor. These delicious shrimp fritters vanish quickly! And don't forget the chili-lime sauce – it's a must-have!
Easy Shrimp Cakes Recipe
Crab cakes are a timeless favorite, but have you tried shrimp cakes? They're easy to make and a delicious way to enjoy fresh shrimp. Once you taste them, you'll love them!
These shrimp cakes have a crispy exterior, and inside, the shrimp is succulent, and juicy. We hate overcooked rubbery seafood, but these were just right, taking about 4-5 minutes per side.
Ingredients for Shrimp Cakes Recipe
- Raw Shrimp Meat: Use fresh, raw shrimp that has been peeled and deveined.
- Panko breadcrumbs: Panko breadcrumbs work best for this recipe.
- Garlic: Finely mince the garlic for enhanced flavor.
- Red bell pepper: Dice the red bell pepper finely for added color and taste.
- Cilantro and chives: Freshly chopped cilantro leaves, stems, and sliced chives add a burst of freshness.
- Dijon mustard: Use Dijon mustard to give a tangy kick to the cakes.
- Eggs: Large eggs are used as a binding agent to hold the cakes together.
- Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce: This sauce adds a subtle spicy flavor to the cakes.
- Lemon zest: Grated lemon zest provides a bright citrus note to the mixture.
- Salt: Use kosher salt to season the shrimp cakes.
- Oil: You'll need olive oil or any high-heat vegetable oil for frying the cakes to a golden brown finish.
👨🏼🍳 How to Make This Shrimp Cake Recipe
Place the shrimp in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the shrimp is coarsely chopped, about 15-20 seconds.
Transfer the chopped shrimp to a large bowl. Add the panko breadcrumbs, minced garlic, diced red bell pepper, finely chopped cilantro, sliced chives, Dijon mustard, eggs, Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce, lemon zest, and kosher salt. Mix the ingredients together just until combined.
Form the shrimp mixture into 6 patties. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp patties in a single layer for 4-5 minutes on each side until they turn golden brown.
Serve immediately, and if you like, top with extra chives and chili-lime mayo. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Shrimp Cakes
Arrange the shrimp cakes in a single layer inside the air fryer basket and lightly coat them with cooking oil spray. Air fry at 350°F for 13-15 minutes until they turn golden brown and are fully cooked through.
Baked Shrimp Cakes
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Arrange the shrimp cakes on a quarter sheet baking pan and bake for 15-16 minutes until they turn golden brown, making sure to flip the patties halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
How to Serve
For a delicious dipping sauce, you can try a zesty chili-lime mayo. Mix mayonnaise with a splash of lime juice and a pinch of chili flakes for a tangy and spicy kick. Alternatively, a creamy garlic lemon aioli or a sweet and savory soy-ginger dipping sauce can also complement the shrimp cakes beautifully.
- To store, allow them to cool completely. Then, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. Ensuring the shrimp patties are cooled before storing will prevent them from becoming soggy.
- To freeze, first, let them cool completely. Then, transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Before reheating, thaw them overnight in the refrigerator for the best results.
For the best taste, reheat the shrimp cakes in an air fryer, oven, or stovetop. Avoid microwaving. Heat them at 375°F in the oven or air fryer for 5-10 minutes, flipping halfway, until they are hot and ready to enjoy again!
How to Make Ahead of Time
To make shrimp cakes ahead of time, follow these steps:
- Prepare the shrimp mixture as per the recipe instructions.
- Shape the mixture into patties and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap or foil.
- Refrigerate for up to 24 hours before cooking.
- When ready to cook, follow the cooking instructions from the recipe.
- Asian-Inspired: Add soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil to the shrimp mixture for a delicious Asian twist.
- Spicy Kick: Mix in some chopped jalapeños for a spicy kick.
- Mediterranean Flavors: Incorporate sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and oregano for a Mediterranean flair.
- Coconut Shrimp Patties: Dip the shrimp cakes in coconut milk and coat them with shredded coconut before cooking.
- Thai Curry: Add red curry paste, cilantro, and fresh lemon juice for a zesty Thai-inspired taste.
- Avocado Lime Sauce: Serve with a creamy avocado lime sauce for a refreshing and tangy accompaniment.
- Chipotle Mayo: Pair with a smoky and creamy chipotle mayo for a delightful dip.
- Shrimp Cakes with Lemon Aioli: The tangy and creamy aioli adds a burst of flavor that perfectly complements the succulent shrimp cakes. Simply whisk together mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper to create the delightful Lemon Aioli.
What Kind of Wine Pairs Well with Shrimp Cakes?
When pairing wine with shrimp fritters, you'll want to choose a wine that complements the delicate and flavorful seafood. A few wine options that pair well with shrimp cakes include:
- Sauvignon Blanc: The crisp and refreshing flavors of Sauvignon Blanc complement the lightness of shrimp cakes and enhance the overall dining experience.
- Chardonnay: A buttery and oaked Chardonnay can be a good match, especially if the shrimp cakes have rich or creamy accompaniments.
- Pinot Grigio: This light and crisp white wine with its citrusy notes can balance the flavors of the shrimp cakes.
- Chenin Blanc: The fruity and floral flavors of Chenin Blanc can harmonize with the shrimp cakes' taste and texture.
- Rosé: A dry rosé wine can provide a lovely contrast to the flavors of the shrimp cakes and add a touch of elegance to the meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp, but make sure to thaw and drain them before chopping.
Yes, you can! However, we recommend using raw shrimp for the best texture and flavor.
Yes, you can try using crab or salmon instead of shrimp.
To make them gluten-free, you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
More Easy Shrimp Recipes
Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe-Sweet, crispy, and utterly delicious.
Shrimp And Corn Soup-Warm up with a comforting bowl of Shrimp and Corn Soup! A delicious combination of flavors that will satisfy your taste buds.
Shrimp Boil-Perfect for a seafood feast with family and friends.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta- An easy-to-make dish perfect for any occasion.
Shrimp Yaki Udon ( Stir Fry Udon Noodles)-Enjoy the mouthwatering flavors of Shrimp Yaki Udon, a delicious stir-fry dish with udon noodles and succulent shrimp. Quick and satisfying!
Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp-Get ready for a crispy and delicious treat with Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp! A healthier version of a favorite appetizer.
Creamy Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta-A healthier twist on a beloved favorite.
Easy Shrimp Tempura-Crispy and delicious shrimp tempura, an amazing appetizer that's simple to make.
Creamy Garlic Shrimp-A fantastic seafood dish that's creamy, flavorful, and easy to make.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.