Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast is keto-friendly, tender and succulent. Chicken breasts seasoned to perfection, then stuffed with asparagus and mozzarella cheese, pan seared and baked in a lemon butter sauce. It is perfect for any weeknight dinner.
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Asparagus stuffed chicken breast is one of the most loved chicken recipes at our house. Despite the fact, that chicken breast is the healthiest part of bird, it can be really boring and blank. The trick is to stuff chicken breast with veggies. Comforting Asparagus is the perfect choice. But when you also add your favorite cheese, you lift the flavor of chicken even more. As a result you get chicken meal that tastes incredible and is healthy.
Best of all, you just need asparagus, chicken breast, lemon juice, garlic, butter, mozzarella cheese and a few spices to make this incredible family meal. Sounds good?
How to Make a Pocket for Stuffing?
To stuff chicken breast with asparagus and mozzarella cheese, you need to cut a pocket into it to put the filling.
Place each chicken breast on a clean cutting board, put a hand on top of the breast and carefully make a slit/ pocket using a sharp knife. Start from the thickest part of the chicken breast. Cut only ¾ of the way through the breast. Don’t cut all the way through.
How to Make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast?
It is a very easy recipe that comes together in no time. Let’s have a look how to make it.
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F or 200°C.
2. Make a slit/ pocket into each chicken breast. Cut only ¾ of the way through, without cutting all the way in.
3. Season each chicken breast with oregano, paprika, garlic powder, rosemary, ground black pepper and salt.
4. Stuff each fillet with asparagus and mozzarella cheese. You can actually use any hard cheese you like. Everything will work. I used 6 slices of cheese for two large fillets, you might need 8 slices for smaller fillets ( 2 slices per fillet).
5. Seal with a toothpick or a bbq stick. I had only plastic toothpicks at hand which are not oven safe,that is why I opt for bbq sticks. They did the job well.
6. Sear in a non-stick frying pan on high heat until golden brown on both sides.
7. Pour the lemon butter sauce over the seared breasts.
8. Bake chicken.
How long to cook asparagus stuffed chicken?
These stuffed chicken breasts need only about 15 minutes because we sear them before baking. The juices should run clear and internal temperature reaches 165˚F (73˚C) once it is cooked. You can check the temperature using a meat thermometer.
Should I Cook Stuffed Chicken Covered or Uncovered?
Nobody likes dry chicken, I recommend to cook it covered as it cooks faster and retain juices ( the sauce doesn’t evaporates too) and you get delicious juicy chicken.
If you want to brown chicken further, uncover and bake for the last 2-4 minutes.
Can I Freeze this Stuffed Chicken Breasts?
You can freeze leftovers for up to 3 months in an airtight container. You can store for 4-5 days in the fridge.
If you make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
ASPARAGUS STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES