Learn how to make perfect Pan seared salmon that's ready in just 10 minutes.It is a simple and delicious way to get in those omega 3's. You are going to love it!
Simply delicious salmon, rich in proteins, succulent in healthy fats, served on a plate with anything you fancy and mmmmm! Almost everyone loves pan fried salmon, served without skin or with skin - most of the fat is stored in the skin. Salmon is high in Omega-3s which is precious information to prevent heart-attacks. Without its skin, you can coat it with herbs and spices, served hot or cold; at breakfast, lunch or supper time – that’s versatile salmon. Lots of people cook it first and then skin it but if you cook it right, the skin can add delightful crispness – it’s your call.
It is hard to believe such a wholesome meal can be prepared in mere minutes. All it takes just 10 minutes of marinating the salmon with a good squirt of lemon over, Himalayan salt and black pepper. While its marinating, you just use a little bit of flour, say quarter-cup with some salt to coat your fillets tenderly in, before placing in a preheated stainless steel or cast iron pan. Add a thin layer of veggie oil, like olive oil. Heat should be medium-high. Don’t let your salmon go into a cold pan because your salmon will stick, tearing at that tender soft skin. Preheating the oil and pan sets the proteins in the fish before it starts bonding. 5-7 minutes on either side, turning now and then, should find the frying complete before the mouth-watering fish is ready to serve.
Garnish it with some black sesame seeds and some slivers of lemon. Hot crusty bread, crispy potato wedges, fresh vegetables or salads; you choose what goes with your pan fried salmon – its guaranteed scrumptiousness!
PAN SEARED SALMONPrint
PAN FRIED SALMON
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Salmon steaks- 3
- Himalayan salt- 1 tsp.
- Black pepper- 1 tsp.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Vegetable oil- 3-4 tbsp ( for frying)
- FOR COATING
- All purpose flour- ¼ cup
- Himalayan salt-1 /2 tsp.
- Lemon slices- as needed
- Black sesame seeds- 1 tsp.
- Preheat a thick-bottomed pan.
- Sprinkle the steaks with 1 tsp. of Himalayan salt ,black pepper & a good squeeze of lemon juice and put aside for 5-10 minutes to marinate.
- In a shallow dish mix together ¼ cup of all -purpose flour & ½ tsp. of Himalayan salt.
- Coat each steak with the mixture and transfer to the pan, leaving enough space in between the steaks. Cook the salmon for 5-7 minutes per side, flipping very carefully. If the coating is sticking to the pan cook a few minutes more. It should release easily from the pan.
- Serve hot garnished with the black sesame seeds & lemon slices.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Seafood/fish recipes
- Cuisine: International
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Leave a Reply