This flavorful Quinoa salad with feta cheese is perfect for healthy lunch, dinner or as a side dish. It is made of red quinoa, arugula, feta cheese and chickpeas and gently tossed in a lemon garlic olive oil dressing. This salad is gluten free, very light and delicious! I am sure it will become your go-to quinoa salad recipe.
I love everything about this salad. It is super healthy and it tastes incredible which doesn’t happen often with healthy food. Even if you are skeptical about adding quinoa into any salad, you should give it a try at least once. I am sure it will become one of your favorite salads. The ingredients like chickpeas, feta and arugula work so well with quinoa and the dressing brings this salad on the next level.
This is a very easy salad especially if you have leftover cooked quinoa in your fridge. Just simply throw all the ingredients and mix.
And if you are a quinoa lover and always have a bowl of cooked quinoa in your fridge, go and try to whip up this absolutely delicious salad today!
Is Quinoa healthy for you?
Yes!!! It is packed with tons of protein and rich in fiber and minerals. It is definitely one of the healthiest foods in the world. And if you suffer from blood sugar or high cholesterol level, it will help to improve them. And it is very filling and the salad can be served a full meal.
Ingredients for Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese
You will need a few simple ingredients to whip up this salad.
• Quinoa: I used red quinoa because of its nuttier flavor and I also found that red quinoa has a better texture than white quinoa and is perfect for salads. But even white will work, Make sure to cook quinoa according to package instructions.
• Arugula: Arugula leaves give a spicy and peppery flavors to this quinoa salad.
• Chickpeas: The recipe calls for cooked chickpeas. I used the canned chickpeas. You can use black beans or white beans instead.
• Feta Cheese: Feta cheese is the best choice for this salad. If you don’t have it, use ricotta or halloumi or fresh goat cheese. They will work as well. For a vegan version, use tofu ( medium firmness).
• Almond nuts: Use any nuts of your choice. Chop them, using a sharp knife or pestle and mortar. For a nut-free salad, use sesame seeds.
How to make quinoa salad with feta cheese
- Cook quinoa according to the package instructions and allow to cool.
- Combine the cooked quinoa, arugula, feta cheese, nuts and chickpeas.
- Prepare the dressing by combining lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, black pepper and salt.
- Dress the salad and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
How long does quinoa salad last in the fridge?
You can store quinoa salad for 4-5 days in the fridge in an airtight container or in a bowl covered with plastic.
Try other salad recipes.
If you make this Quinoa salad with Feta Cheese be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating! I will be happy to hear from you!
QUINOA SALAD WITH FETA CHEESEPrint
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!