Low carb, gluten free and keto friendly Chicken Thighs with the most incredible creamy mushroom sauce! A delicious meal that is packed with flavor and made in one skillet under 30 minutes. Serve it with steamed veggies, pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.
I am obsessed with creamy sauces. They go really well with almost everything. Try my SHRIMP ALFREDO ,CREAMY GARLIC BUTTER TUSCAN SHRIMP, HOMEMADE CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP, GARLIC SHRIMP IN BUTTERY CREAMY SAUCE Recipe, RUSSIAN BEEF STROGANOFF.
Chicken dishes became favorite weeknight meals in my family because they are inexpensive, quick and damn delicious. My kids never get tired of eating chicken whether it’s baked, roasted, fried or grilled.
Chicken, mushrooms and cream are great mates like tomato + mozzarella + basil. You can not go wrong with this recipe. Once you try it, you will cook it over and over again.
MAIN INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN THIGHS N CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Chicken thighs: this recipe calls for chicken thighs, but you can use chicken breast and drumsticks too.
- Mushrooms: White button mushrooms, Crimini mushrooms, Portobello mushrooms and Porcini mushrooms will work well. Slice or dice them.
- Garlic: Garlic takes this dish on the next level. The recipe calls for 5 cloves.
- Heavy cream: I like to use heavy cream, however even half & half, evaporated milk, or almond milk ( vegan version) can be used.
- Pecorino Romano/ Parmesan Cheese. I am hooked on Pecorino Romano cheese and I use it literally everywhere. If you can’t find it in your local supermarket, use Parmesan.
Serve with homemade pasta, steamed broccoli, jasmine rice, Lyonnaise potatoes, Mashed Potatoes.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4
Low carb, gluten free and keto friendly chicken thighs with the most incredible creamy mushroom sauce make a delicious meal that is packed with flavor and made in one skillet under 30 minutes.
FOR THE CHICKEN THIGHS
- Skinless chicken thighs ( 9-10 pieces) -1 kg / 2 pounds
- Onion Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder-1 teaspoon
- Dried rosemary- ½ teaspoon
- Corn flour- 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper- ½ teaspoon
- Olive oil-3 tablespoons
- Salt-to taste
FOR THE MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Salted butter- 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves, minced-5
- Mushrooms ( sliced)- 250 gm/ 8 ounces
- Fresh grated Pecorino/Parmesan cheese- ½ cup
- Heavy cream- 1 ½ cup
- Fresh parsley-1 tablespoon
- In a small bowl combine the garlic power, onion powder, corn flour, dried rosemary and black pepper. Season the chicken thighs.
- In a large skillet heat 3 tablespoons olive oil and cook the chicken thighs until browned and cooked through ( about 8-9 minutes per each side).
- Add butter, wait until it melts, then add garlic and cook further until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with black pepper and salt.
- Pour in the cream and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, then stir in Pecorino cheese and cook for 1-2 minutes until the cheese melts. Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately with pasta, steamed veggies or mashed potatoes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: International
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
David Mureithi says
Straight forward instructions. You can easily follow what to do.
Oyeyipo Oladele says
Yummy yummy yummy. Am already salivating here. The guide are just too pretty good.
Wilson Jake says
Wow, chicken never get tiring to me always having a renewed taste each time. My challenge now us how to locate that edible mushroom.
I always chicken in whatever sauce because it is always tasty. I will prepare this one, the recipe is quite easy and simple enough for me. this is really yummy.
Janine Bocateja says
Oh My God! This makes me really hungry. This mouth watering dish is superb! Chicken and mushroom never upset me.
OGUNYEMI SEGUN says
This is yummy 😋. I love the taste of chicken and that of mushrooms. Will try the combo. Thanks a bunch 😊👍
Mark Janeo says
Wow, looks very delicious. I really want to try it.
Yummy, thinking of how chicken and mushroom will taste. Especially mushroom, very nutritious plant.