Za'atar chicken is a delicious and healthy one-pan meal that features tender chicken seasoned with flavorful Middle Eastern Za'atar spice blend, roasted cauliflower, shallots and lemon, all cooked together on one sheet pan for easy cleanup.
Easy Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Looking for a low-carb, balanced, and delicious meal that's easy to prepare? Look no further than this one-pan chicken and cauliflower recipe, which can be ready in just 40 minutes with minimal prep. Simply arrange the chicken and veggies on a sheet pan, season, and bake. For added flavor, drizzle with a quick-to-make za'atar oil just as it comes out of the oven. It's a simple yet satisfying meal with loads of fresh, herby flavor.
What Is Za’atar?
If you're not familiar with Za'atar, it's a must-try Middle Eastern spice blend that can elevate the flavor of almost any dish. In this easy cauliflower and chicken sheet pan dinner recipe, we rely solely on Za'atar for a burst of irresistible flavor. While the specific ingredients can vary, most Za'atar blends include a mix of herbs and spices like thyme, sesame seeds, and sumac. It has a savory, slightly tangy flavor and is known for its versatility and ability to enhance the taste of many different types of food.
Be sure to check out our homemade Zaatar Spice Blend Recipe.
Other Ingredients You'll Need
You don't need much! The za'atar seasoning, which has a slightly woodsy and tangy flavor (thanks to the lemony taste of sumac), as well as a herbal note, provides so much flavor to this sheet pan dinner that you won't require much else. The following ingredients are all you'll need:
- Chicken thighs and legs
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Cilantro leaves
How To Make This Easy Za'atar Chicken Sheet Pan Recipe
Do you happen to have a sheet pan and an oven? And do you know how to operate the oven? If yes, then you're in luck! You can easily prepare this chicken dinner. We assure you! Here are the steps:
- To start, take a paper towel and use it to pat the chicken dry.
- Next, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, salt, and the za'atar spice blend.
- Then, on a large baking sheet, toss the cauliflower, lemon, and shallots with half of the za'atar mixture.
- After that, coat the chicken with the remaining za'atar mixture and place it on the baking sheet with the cauliflower, shallots and lemon.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. If you like a slight char and caramelization, you can broil it for about 2-3 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the za’atar oil. Simply whisk together some oil, garlic, za’atar, and salt.
- Once the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F, it is ready! Take the sheet pan out of the oven.
- Finish the dish by drizzling the za'atar oil over the chicken and vegetables. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Now, it's time to enjoy your delicious meal!
What to Serve with Za'atar Chicken
To make the meal more well-rounded, you can pair it with some delicious Middle Eastern side dishes. We suggest serving these chicken dish with:
- To store za'atar chicken, you should first allow it to cool down to room temperature. Then, transfer the chicken and vegetables to an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. Make sure that all parts of the chicken are covered to prevent them from drying out.
- You can store the za'atar chicken in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If you want to store it for a longer period, you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Za'atar Chicken in the Oven
To reheat za'atar chicken, you can follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Remove the chicken and vegetables from the refrigerator and transfer them to an oven-safe dish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil to prevent the chicken from drying out.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.
- If you want to crisp up the skin, you can remove the foil during the last few minutes of baking.
How to Reheat in the Microwave
Alternatively, you can reheat the za'atar chicken in the microwave.
To do this, place the chicken and vegetables on a microwave-safe plate and cover it with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Keep in mind that microwaving may make the chicken less crispy than oven reheating.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment or give this recipe a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! I will be happy to hear from you!Print
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.